1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3" Tuff Country Kit not working in Jamaica.. PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by jsheltonja, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Jul 6, 2009 at 10:51 AM
    jsheltonja

jsheltonja [OP] New Member

Member:
    Jamaica
    Vehicle:
    05 4X4 Tacoma
    Hi all!! this is my first post..

I have a 2005 4X4 Tacoma and installed a tuff country 3" lift kit with 285/60 R18 NITTO tires about 3 years ago. The truck ran fine in Los Angeles but ever since I brought it to Montego Bay, Jamaica it rides TERRIBLE.. The ride is way too tight for our roads and I feel every little pot hole and bumb. Since the truck as been in Jamaica I have had constant trouble with my front end and in fact am in the process replacing both rack ends again for the second time in two years. I am looking to repace my current setup for a GOOD suspension that will last and give me a smooth ride on bad roads. I obviously do not need the most expensive or HARD CORE suspension because I do not do any extreme off-raoding. Just need somthing that will be suitable for driving on pot hole infested roades everyday!!

Can anybody help?????

2. Jul 6, 2009 at 11:11 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    check out OME.

3. Jul 6, 2009 at 6:20 PM
    jsheltonja

Member:
    Jamaica
    Vehicle:
    05 4X4 Tacoma
    I checked them out but it seems like not many people know about this product... where did you purchase yours from?

Any thoughts on camburg?

4. Jul 7, 2009 at 5:45 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I drive a full OME set up except rear springs. It's great....If you are driving lots of washboards and pot holes- The lower pressure and additional oil will help keep the shocks cooler and more responsive.

I bought mine thru WheelersOffroad.com- They have the springs (at least 885s, maybe 886s for you) and the shocks you need.

5. Jul 7, 2009 at 8:37 PM
    07taco

07taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    san antonio
    Vehicle:
    2017 taco trd dclb
    I just installed the 886s, 4 ome shocks , and new camburg ucas cannot be happier. It rides nice just rolls over bumps and dirt roads got a good deal from trdparts4u.com.

6. Jul 8, 2009 at 7:19 AM
    jsheltonja

Member:
    Jamaica
    Vehicle:
    05 4X4 Tacoma
    thanks for all the advice........i am going to check out both ome and cambrige

Products Discussed in

To Top