Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

The day I've been waiting for...

Old 07-11-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
Kmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
Kmoney's Tacoma Gallery
The day I've been waiting for...

***First of all as a new member thanks to everyone for all the answers I've already received and thanks in advance to the answers to all my perpetual inevitable questions***
The lift is finally going to happen! Let me know what y'all think. I'm purchasing 5100's for all 4 corners for the ride and the quality it just seems smart. I want to get as high as possible (can you blame me?) but I won't sacrifice the well being of my truck. The 5100's will obviously be the means for the front end lift, but for the rear should I simply go AAL? And if so... where should I set the front shocks? Anyone with pics of this set up would be greatly appreciated!
ALSO... Do I need to worry about UCA's or TSB or anything else along those lines? Like I said... I want what's best for my Tacoma!
And again... a thousand thanks to everyone!
Old 07-11-2009, 12:21 AM   #2
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Set them at 2.5 and get the TSB for an extra inch or so in the rear. This might have a slight rake in the front though. UCAs would be nice but are definitely needed if you go higher than 3 inches.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:22 AM   #3
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Try to get the TSB if possible. I have 5100s at 2.5 with the TSB and it's perfectly level.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:26 AM   #4
Kmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
Kmoney's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. I was looking on Toytec for the AAL... to be quite honest I know the TSB are springs but I don't know how they work. Toytec has a 2" AAL and a 1.5" AAL with rear TSB. Which of these would be the better choice / what is the difference in lift?
Old 07-11-2009, 12:30 AM   #5
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Not too sure about the AAL. but id definitely set them at 2.5 and get the rear TSB if you can. Its free so take advantage of it if you qualify. Then, If you dont like the way it looks get the 1.5" AAL w/ rear TSB..
Old 07-11-2009, 12:37 AM   #6
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I got about 1.5" with the TSB. The best part is, as Gerard said, it's free.