1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5100 Ride Quality

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by dysfunctnlretard, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Jul 11, 2009 at 2:37 PM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard [OP] Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    Finally ordered them from DSMS, just waiting for an install. Was curious, however, as to how the quality of the ride would be affected? I got the lift mainly for aesthetic purposes, but performance is a plus. Will ride be stiffer? Softer?

2. Jul 11, 2009 at 3:39 PM
    johnecon2001

johnecon2001 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport 4x4 Access Cab
    Downey front skid, Trail Gear U-Bolt flip, Toytec AAL, Total Chaos UCA's, Bilstein 5100's x4 + Eibach adjustable coils, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Custom Rear bumper, TRD OffRoad front tow hook, TRD Trail Team wheels, Federal Couragia M/T 265's, ARB rear locker + on board air (CKMA12), TRD shift knob, Alpine W205, TRD seat covers, Tom Woods 1 Piece drive shaft, Powermaster D2700, Stubbs HD-SKO Sliders.
    Well the stock Bilstiens are 1.5" shocks vs the 5100's 2" diameter.
    The additional oil makes them quite comfy

3. Jul 11, 2009 at 4:26 PM
    lasllc

lasllc Wait. . what’s wrong here

Member:
    Southwest RedRocks
    Vehicle:
    13 SuperWhite DCSB Sport TRD
    SnugTop Super Sport, BedRug mat, Redline Tuning hood lifts, LED interior lights, 3D carpet protectors.
    The ride is more solid; realizing that this type of post Q/A is like totally subjective.
    You may find that you feel the expansion joints a bit more and are more aware of the changes in the road surface.

For my part ('09 TRD/OR AC, .85 5100,s in front,TSB and 5100's in back) I found the differance to be more than I had hoped for. The ride is much more "connected to the road" if that means anything. The stock ride was very pleasent but I felt like I was riding in a Buick. I dont know if I would have liked it in the outback - it certainly did not work out well in my work when I had to put some stuff in the back.

Now realize that some of that said is due to the TSB in back - but the pre load, however minimal, in front, also transfers a bit more road feel.

Products Discussed in

To Top