Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100 Ride Quality

Old 07-11-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
5100 Ride Quality

Finally ordered them from DSMS, just waiting for an install. Was curious, however, as to how the quality of the ride would be affected? I got the lift mainly for aesthetic purposes, but performance is a plus. Will ride be stiffer? Softer?
Old 07-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #3
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
Navy: Lead PO Submarine Reactor Control Dvision
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
The ride is more solid; realizing that this type of post Q/A is like totally subjective.
You may find that you feel the expansion joints a bit more and are more aware of the changes in the road surface.

For my part ('09 TRD/OR AC, .85 5100,s in front,TSB and 5100's in back) I found the differance to be more than I had hoped for. The ride is much more "connected to the road" if that means anything. The stock ride was very pleasent but I felt like I was riding in a Buick. I dont know if I would have liked it in the outback - it certainly did not work out well in my work when I had to put some stuff in the back.

Now realize that some of that said is due to the TSB in back - but the pre load, however minimal, in front, also transfers a bit more road feel.