Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

stock lenght lower control arms from total choas

Old 07-14-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
tacoman68 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
tacoman68's Tacoma Gallery
stock lenght lower control arms from total choas

has any one gotten any info about with new stock length lower arms from total choas? i want to know the wheel travel with the lower and upper control arms installed.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:26 AM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, (it only makes sense).... if they're stock length, the wheel travel is going to be the same!

Taken from the webpage at ChaosFab.com:

Many customers do not want to install fiberglass fenders or increase the track width with a long travel system, but they crave the aftermarket performance benefits of increased dampening with dual shock capability and the added strength of the lower uniball conversion.

Makes sense to me, they're just heavier duty.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:27 AM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
may get some slight travel from the uniball over the ball joint
Old 07-15-2009, 11:13 PM   #5
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like just a more rugged set of arms with just an inch more travel over stock...

at $1600, you are halfway to long travel and at least 30 to 40 percent more travel...

if you got the money, then its a cool way to improve performance on a stock looking rig...
Old 07-16-2009, 08:34 AM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i guess it wouldnt be too bad if u were trying to piece together an LT kit...but UCA's, LCA's, then the extended CO's and extended CV's if u need em
Old 07-17-2009, 08:22 AM   #7
tacoman68 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
tacoman68's Tacoma Gallery
i just heard of them and wanted to know what you guys think thanks it sounds like it would just be better to go with the long travel after you buy the lower ones and the upper control arms.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:34 AM   #8
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman68 View Post
i just heard of them and wanted to know what you guys think thanks it sounds like it would just be better to go with the long travel after you buy the lower ones and the upper control arms.
Depends on how you use your truck and what your budget is. These will work with whatever coilovers you currently have while the long-travel requires longer coilovers. Also, the non-All Pro LT kits require fiberglass fenders.

You're 4wd so you'll also need longer front axles, which will run you about $500-$600 plus labor to install them in your existing CVs.

Lots to consider when going LT beyond the cost of the kit itself.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:12 PM   #9
Banned
bermise will become famous soon enough
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
I called TC about these when I first saw them a few weeks back and they told me absolutely no more travel than stock lca's. The two benefits are the option for a second shock and the lower uniball conversion. I have never heard of any issues with the stock lca's or the stock ball joints so these seem a little pricey for the main benefit being, having the option to run a second shock. If you need a second shock, you might as well go long travel. They do look nice though.........