1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Les Schwab Lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by sector5503, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Jul 17, 2009 at 2:29 PM
    sector5503

sector5503 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Sport
    TRD Cold Air Intake TRD Exaust
    Has anybody heard anything about the 3" lift for the 2nd gen. taco that Les Schwab does?? Or maybe somebody has it??? They told me it is a AAL in a back and a puck in the front... i think i heard him right.... i just understood it as a spacer... anyways.... any help would be appreciated! :) thanks!

2. Jul 17, 2009 at 4:51 PM
    Kenny650

Kenny650 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yeah I got it done at Les Schwab and they might be talking about the Revtek spacer kit because I think that's mostly what they work with. Les Schwab doesn't really have their own lift kit, I think they were just telling you they provide their own lift kit from Revtek.

3. Jul 17, 2009 at 9:27 PM
    sector5503

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Sport
    yea. They were saying that it was actually a Tuff Country lift. So i dunno what exactly it is lol. How does your lift ride? Have you had any problems with it?

4. Jul 17, 2009 at 11:24 PM
    Kenny650

Kenny650 Well-Known Member

Member:
    At first the lift was cool and all but after awhile you just get sick of the ride. The ride is just terrible and anybody could vouch for that. Spacers is just not the way to go.

5. Jul 29, 2009 at 3:33 PM
    chad68

chad68 Master Jedi Member I am...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    In a (Toyota) van down by the river! Sonoma Cownty
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 reg cab. Modded with more to come
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap
    I had my Revtek installed by Les Schwab. Some Les stores use the Revtek and some use Tuff Country. I had to call 3 of them before I found one that had the Revtek.

Originally I had 2.5 coilovers on order but had to go the Revtek route since my coils were on backorder and I had to have it lifted 'now' for my tires.

Lift was cool at first but after 3,000 miles it doesn't seem as nice a ride. I knew it was only going to be a temp solution anyway.

6. Jul 29, 2009 at 5:12 PM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    avoid the spacer lifts...they are all the same and ride like crap...i had toytec for a while and after a month i hated it

save the $ and get some coilovers or at least the bili 5100 adjustable shocks

7. Aug 1, 2009 at 5:50 PM
    sector5503

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Sport
    ya that is what i am trying to do.... it just sucks cuz i really dont know much about how to install things on cars... and i dont know any good places here in utah that do good lifts or wont charge me a arm and a leg to something installed that isnt their own product.....

8. Aug 1, 2009 at 9:18 PM
    Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Modesto, California
    Vehicle:
    '20 Grey TRD Off-Road 6spd
    TC +2 LT, Kings, BAMF Armor, 35s, gears

Got any buddy's that have any experience with cars? I did it with 3 people. None of them had ever done a lift before but we just worked with it and finally got it. The rear went smooth but the front was a bastard. It took all day to finish but to me it was worth saving 300+ $. It wasn't easy but if you have a couple people help you i think you could do it.

9. Aug 1, 2009 at 9:22 PM
    jeremiekc

jeremiekc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab Base Model
    Secondary Air Filter removed, Painted Brake Calipers, AFN Drop in air cleaner, OEM Chrome Bumper, OEM Chrome grilll, OEM Cruise Control, OEM Interval Wipers, Hard Wired Garmin Nuvi 670, X-Runner Rims, Devil Horns, 6000w HID's, Bling Light Fogs with Blue Halo, OEM Bilstein Rear Shocks, 12V Plug in Truck Bed pocket. Debagged, 13" Antennax, Color Matched Satoshi Grill, URD Short Shifter, WeatherTech Floor Mats, PainLess Wiring Switched Fuse Box, Black Sand Pearl X-Runner Badges

Let people know where you are located at and I bet there is some TW guys near you that would help you out. Since you are talking about Les Schwab you are more then likely in the Pacific Northwest. It never hurts to ask.

10. Aug 2, 2009 at 1:01 PM
    sector5503

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Sport
    Ya I live in salt lake city Utah. I have been looking at where people are from and asking them questions but it doesn't seem like there are to many people on TW from Utah lol but it doesn't Hurt to ask you are right. Maybe I will do a seperate post asking that would probably be the best!

11. Aug 2, 2009 at 1:43 PM
    jeremiekc

jeremiekc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab Base Model
    Secondary Air Filter removed, Painted Brake Calipers, AFN Drop in air cleaner, OEM Chrome Bumper, OEM Chrome grilll, OEM Cruise Control, OEM Interval Wipers, Hard Wired Garmin Nuvi 670, X-Runner Rims, Devil Horns, 6000w HID's, Bling Light Fogs with Blue Halo, OEM Bilstein Rear Shocks, 12V Plug in Truck Bed pocket. Debagged, 13" Antennax, Color Matched Satoshi Grill, URD Short Shifter, WeatherTech Floor Mats, PainLess Wiring Switched Fuse Box, Black Sand Pearl X-Runner Badges
    There are alot of places there in Salt Lake that you can take your truck to, I just don't know of any off the top of my head. If you start a thread requesting information on a good place to take your truck to in Salt Lake then you should be good. I wouldn't take it to Les Schwab though. They are good but not that smart on Toyota's. If you are looking for the right combination for your truck this is the right place to be. Just start reading and asking questions.

Products Discussed in

To Top