Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Les Schwab Lift

Old 07-17-2009, 02:29 PM   #1
sector5503 is on a distinguished road
sector5503's Tacoma Gallery
Les Schwab Lift

Has anybody heard anything about the 3" lift for the 2nd gen. taco that Les Schwab does?? Or maybe somebody has it??? They told me it is a AAL in a back and a puck in the front... i think i heard him right.... i just understood it as a spacer... anyways.... any help would be appreciated! thanks!
Old 07-17-2009, 04:51 PM   #2
Kenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant future

Kenny650's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I got it done at Les Schwab and they might be talking about the Revtek spacer kit because I think that's mostly what they work with. Les Schwab doesn't really have their own lift kit, I think they were just telling you they provide their own lift kit from Revtek.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:27 PM   #3
yea. They were saying that it was actually a Tuff Country lift. So i dunno what exactly it is lol. How does your lift ride? Have you had any problems with it?
Old 07-17-2009, 11:24 PM   #4
Kenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant future

Kenny650's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sector5503 View Post
yea. They were saying that it was actually a Tuff Country lift. So i dunno what exactly it is lol. How does your lift ride? Have you had any problems with it?
At first the lift was cool and all but after awhile you just get sick of the ride. The ride is just terrible and anybody could vouch for that. Spacers is just not the way to go.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:33 PM   #5
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
I had my Revtek installed by Les Schwab. Some Les stores use the Revtek and some use Tuff Country. I had to call 3 of them before I found one that had the Revtek.

Originally I had 2.5 coilovers on order but had to go the Revtek route since my coils were on backorder and I had to have it lifted 'now' for my tires.

Lift was cool at first but after 3,000 miles it doesn't seem as nice a ride. I knew it was only going to be a temp solution anyway.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:12 PM   #6
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
avoid the spacer lifts...they are all the same and ride like crap...i had toytec for a while and after a month i hated it

save the $ and get some coilovers or at least the bili 5100 adjustable shocks
Old 08-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #7
ya that is what i am trying to do.... it just sucks cuz i really dont know much about how to install things on cars... and i dont know any good places here in utah that do good lifts or wont charge me a arm and a leg to something installed that isnt their own product.....
Old 08-01-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ya that is what i am trying to do.... it just sucks cuz i really dont know much about how to install things on cars... and i dont know any good places here in utah that do good lifts or wont charge me a arm and a leg to something installed that isnt their own product.....

Got any buddy's that have any experience with cars? I did it with 3 people. None of them had ever done a lift before but we just worked with it and finally got it. The rear went smooth but the front was a bastard. It took all day to finish but to me it was worth saving 300+ $. It wasn't easy but if you have a couple people help you i think you could do it.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:22 PM   #9
jeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Active Duty
Name: Jeremie
jeremiekc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Let people know where you are located at and I bet there is some TW guys near you that would help you out. Since you are talking about Les Schwab you are more then likely in the Pacific Northwest. It never hurts to ask.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #10
Ya I live in salt lake city Utah. I have been looking at where people are from and asking them questions but it doesn't seem like there are to many people on TW from Utah lol but it doesn't Hurt to ask you are right. Maybe I will do a seperate post asking that would probably be the best!
Old 08-02-2009, 01:43 PM   #11
jeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Active Duty
Name: Jeremie
jeremiekc's Tacoma Gallery
There are alot of places there in Salt Lake that you can take your truck to, I just don't know of any off the top of my head. If you start a thread requesting information on a good place to take your truck to in Salt Lake then you should be good. I wouldn't take it to Les Schwab though. They are good but not that smart on Toyota's. If you are looking for the right combination for your truck this is the right place to be. Just start reading and asking questions.