Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

My Suspension Purchase Experience

Old 07-20-2009, 10:45 AM   #1
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Suspension Purchase Experience

EDIT: Bought a suspension from All Pro. Would I do it again. Hell yes
Old 07-20-2009, 11:39 AM   #2
"Let's Ride!"
Padilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant future

Name: Daniel
Padilla1880's Tacoma Gallery
Set up sounds great! Good job on doing your research. Wish i knew about TW before i dropped coin into my truck. Oh well what's done is done. Get some pics of your truck when you get it all installed.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:42 PM   #3
NorCalTacoma is on a distinguished road
NorCalTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Now you just need to post pictures of the finished product.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #5
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
good job.fox is awsome.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:32 PM   #6
Banned
bermise will become famous soon enough
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
You have a 3 inch leaf pack? Lets see some pics!!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:51 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
:kissass: haha...congrats on the setup. all of my main suspension and all of my armor so far are from the
Old 07-21-2009, 08:33 PM   #8
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by bermise View Post
You have a 3 inch leaf pack? Lets see some pics!!
good job HBMurphy, nice write up...the peeps at all-pro were more then accomodating to both SiRMarlon and myself during my 2 day LT install at all-pro. can't go wrong with any of them or their customer service!

i have the same exact setup that HBMurphy just purchased...
3" All Pro Leaf Pack, Timbren Bumpstops, U-Bolt Flip Kit, and Fox Shocks

can't get any better in my opinion, the 3" leaf pack has some great flex on the trail and rides nice on the road..those rear adjustable Fox's are valved pretty much perfectly for our trucks. for each click to adjust the compression to make it harder or softer makes a huge difference. hint...i find the "3" setting the best overall. the Timbren bumpstops takes away that harsh bottom out and that distentive "thud" you hear everytime the rear hits hard.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:37 PM   #9
Banned
bermise will become famous soon enough
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
Good to know. I am getting my truck back Thursday and I added a Deaver 3 inch leaf pack. I can't wait to drive it. What is the advantage of a u-bolt flip kit. I think Deaver sent me a regular u-bolt setup, not sure.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:40 PM   #10
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermise View Post
Good to know. I am getting my truck back Thursday and I added a Deaver 3 inch leaf pack. I can't wait to drive it. What is the advantage of a u-bolt flip kit. I think Deaver sent me a regular u-bolt setup, not sure.
added clearance under the axle is the biggie
Old 07-21-2009, 11:11 PM   #11
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I will post an update soon with the good, the bad and the ugly... and most importantly, the beauty! Right now typing with one hand. Front done (I have pics for write up but still don't have the rear shocks). Although I will go in detail when I get the use of my hand back, the biggest hassle was the adjustment and how high. I have the drivers side at 3.0" and the passenger side at 2.5". I can't do this justice with one hand - there are somethings that are done well with one hand, typing is not one of them!
Old 07-21-2009, 11:18 PM   #12
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
:kissass: haha...congrats on the setup. all of my main suspension and all of my armor so far are from the
I know I don't need to say this but...

Just calling them as I see them - I'm not saying that they (AP) are the best = I have only had experience with about 5 dealers.. Are they perfect? No. Are they humble and willing to help when needed. Yes. Once again this is just my experience.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:21 PM   #13
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
I know I don't need to say this but...

Just calling them as I see them - I'm not saying that they (AP) are the best = I have only had experience with about 5 dealers.. Are they perfect? No. Are they humble and willing to help when needed. Yes. Once again this is just my experience.

hey...i'm running a lot of their shit...i know...although my rear bumper will be armortech as well as the shackle kit
Old 07-21-2009, 11:27 PM   #14
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
good job HBMurphy, nice write up...the peeps at all-pro were more then accomodating to both SiRMarlon and myself during my 2 day LT install at all-pro. can't go wrong with any of them or their customer service!

i have the same exact setup that HBMurphy just purchased...
3" All Pro Leaf Pack, Timbren Bumpstops, U-Bolt Flip Kit, and Fox Shocks

can't get any better in my opinion, the 3" leaf pack has some great flex on the trail and rides nice on the road..those rear adjustable Fox's are valved pretty much perfectly for our trucks. for each click to adjust the compression to make it harder or softer makes a huge difference. hint...i find the "3" setting the best overall. the Timbren bumpstops takes away that harsh bottom out and that distentive "thud" you hear everytime the rear hits hard.
Yeah, your truck makes me sick ... with jealousy! Seing that LT on your truck makes me...
Old 07-22-2009, 12:16 AM   #15
rpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to beholdrpparkster is a splendid one to behold

Name: Roger
rpparkster's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed! The Timbrens are great w/ the leaf pack and the Flip Kit. I'm sure there is some other great stuff out there, good luck spending money on stuff thats not documented to ride/perform well.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:20 PM   #16
Ban Pending

Well, I've installed the front shocks and UCAs and now I have some awful noises on the passenger side. I've re-torqued all the bolts and I can't yet find what's going on. All Pro told me to set driver's side to 3.5" and passenger to 3.0" - It seemed way too extreme so I took them down to 3.0 driver and 2.5 on passenger and I still get the clunking sound. Hope to have the rear done next week and then we'll get 'er aligned again and see if we can find that ugly clunk!

Oh yeah - I am certainly not as happy as I was when I thought I found the one solution - I just wish this whole process was as simple as it should be. I just hope that I can iron it out.

EDIT: It started out with a clunk, still has a clunk but the ugliest of all Screeches came from the bumper rubbing the sheet metal.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:33 PM   #17
FoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud of
Name: Kevin
FoxRacR17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
Well, I've installed the front shocks and UCAs and now I have some awful noises on the passenger side. I've re-torqued all the bolts and I can't yet find what's going on. All Pro told me to set driver's side to 3.5" and passenger to 3.0" - It seemed way too extreme so I took them down to 3.0 driver and 2.5 on passenger and I still get the clunking sound. Hope to have the rear done next week and then we'll get 'er aligned again and see if we can find that ugly clunk!

Oh yeah - I am certainly not as happy as I was when I thought I found the one solution - I just wish this whole process was as simple as it should be. I just hope that I can iron it out.

I'm tellin ya dude, you need to put them down to 1.5" of thread above the adjuster ring. I had mine set to about 2" of thread above the adjuster ring and I had a really bad clunking noise whenever i would go over bumps and the wheels would kinda go off the ground. I then put them at 1.5" and it went away. Try setting them like I have them in this picture and see if the clunk deadens or goes away completely

Old 07-24-2009, 09:48 PM   #18
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRacR17 View Post
I'm tellin ya dude, you need to put them down to 1.5" of thread above the adjuster ring. I had mine set to about 2" of thread above the adjuster ring and I had a really bad clunking noise whenever i would go over bumps and the wheels would kinda go off the ground. I then put them at 1.5" and it went away. Try setting them like I have them in this picture and see if the clunk deadens or goes away completely

I'll go there. Did you have clunks on both sides or just one? How messed up is this. What size tires are you able to run? Thanks again for your help!
Old 07-24-2009, 09:57 PM   #19
FoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud of
Name: Kevin
FoxRacR17's Tacoma Gallery
I had it on both side but it seemed worse on the passenger side. I'm running goodyear wranger duratrac 285/70/17, so 33", I had to do the normal trimming, and I am rubbing on the cab mounts only when going in reverse and turning the wheel or going forward over a big bump while turning. I would say just try putting them to the same place as mine, take it for a spin and see if you still hear the clunking, if you do then I dont think its the shocks.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:22 PM   #20
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRacR17 View Post
I had it on both side but it seemed worse on the passenger side. I'm running goodyear wranger duratrac 285/70/17, so 33", I had to do the normal trimming, and I am rubbing on the cab mounts only when going in reverse and turning the wheel or going forward over a big bump while turning. I would say just try putting them to the same place as mine, take it for a spin and see if you still hear the clunking, if you do then I dont think its the shocks.
I will -and as long as I can get the same size or equivalent meats in there, I'll be good.