Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Best suspension kit?

Old 07-22-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
Team Wonderbread
Tugboatdude is a jewel in the roughTugboatdude is a jewel in the roughTugboatdude is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jim
Tugboatdude's Tacoma Gallery
Question Best suspension kit?

Alright guys, help me out here. New to this site. I'm looking to put a 6 inch kit on the truck and want to run 35's. I'm hearing nothing but crap about Pro comp, so what are the better makes out there?
Anyone with a 6 inch lift on 35's, did you guys re-gear? What about the rubbing issue?
Old 07-23-2009, 11:43 PM   #2
ICON VEHICLE DYNAMICS
icon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Mike
icon2's Tacoma Gallery
To gain 6" of lift on a 4X4 you will definitely have to go with a sub-frame kit. I would highly recommend the RCD kit.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:01 AM   #3
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
pm toku, he is the man when it comes to getting answer about suspension lift, especially 6" lifts.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:13 AM   #4
PIZZLE will become famous soon enough

PIZZLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboatdude View Post
Alright guys, help me out here. New to this site. I'm looking to put a 6 inch kit on the truck and want to run 35's. I'm hearing nothing but crap about Pro comp, so what are the better makes out there?
Anyone with a 6 inch lift on 35's, did you guys re-gear? What about the rubbing issue?

I just installed a 6" Pro Comp last weekend. The kit was very well put together. Complete and labeled nicely. It went on without any troubles...

I have 35x12.5's on a 18" wheel. There was some minor trimming required on the front.... no big deal.

I have not re-geared yet... but plan on going with 488's pretty soon.

The 6" lift kits for our trucks are all very similar.....My friend has the Fabtech.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:12 AM   #5
Team Wonderbread
Tugboatdude is a jewel in the roughTugboatdude is a jewel in the roughTugboatdude is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIZZLE View Post
I just installed a 6" Pro Comp last weekend. The kit was very well put together. Complete and labeled nicely. It went on without any troubles...

I have 35x12.5's on a 18" wheel. There was some minor trimming required on the front.... no big deal.

The 6" lift kits for our trucks are all very similar.....My friend has the Fabtech.

Sick rig! Thanks for the info. I'll probably go with the pro comp. Did you notice a bunch of power loss? Trying to figure out if I can get away with just the stock 3.73s and not re-gear. If I had to re-gear, what do you think, 4.56 or 4.88??
Old 07-24-2009, 02:22 AM   #6
Team Wonderbread

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteoraman2514 View Post
pm toku, he is the man when it comes to getting answer about suspension lift, especially 6" lifts.

Good deal thanks!
Old 07-24-2009, 03:18 AM   #7
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIZZLE View Post

i'm envious
Old 07-24-2009, 03:33 AM   #8
PIZZLE will become famous soon enough

PIZZLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboatdude View Post
Sick rig! Thanks for the info. I'll probably go with the pro comp. Did you notice a bunch of power loss? Trying to figure out if I can get away with just the stock 3.73s and not re-gear. If I had to re-gear, what do you think, 4.56 or 4.88??

I think there is still plenty of power, but to bring it back to stock... gears would be nice. 4.88's is what I want to go with. The general
"rule of thumb" is to over-gear just a touch.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:01 PM   #9
Team Wonderbread

Alright, thanks for that. I'm gonna go with the gears.