Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

what does a spindle lift do?

Old 07-22-2009, 10:37 PM   #1
"Not you, fat jesus"
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11A 1-184 IN
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
what does a spindle lift do?

how does this work?
http://app.infopia.com/Shop/Control/...id/0/SFV/32526

someone enlighten me!

i have a 2.5 spacer lift on now, but i hate the ride, is this any better? or should i get 5100s?

i want to have the front higher than my rear. would this do it?
Old 07-22-2009, 10:58 PM   #2
"Not you, fat jesus"
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i was looking at these, or 5100s set at 1" and the 2.5" top plate.

my springs have sagged a little bit so i think its really only 2 inches of lift up front right now.

do the 5100s have more downtravel? compared to stock struts
Old 07-22-2009, 11:06 PM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
well, to my knowledge: a spindle lift is just an aftermarket spindle for 2wd trucks that moves the position of where the hub mounts(lower by however much, to give a lift) in relation to the control arms. hope that makes sense. And to answer another question, I dont believe the 5100s offer more suspension droop(down travel).
Old 07-22-2009, 11:31 PM   #4
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
subscribing
Old 07-22-2009, 11:43 PM   #5
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
my sister has TC spindles on her 05 tacoma. she really likes them, says the ride is a lot better. the only complaint she has is that the stock 17s on the 05 don't fit with them so she had to get wheel spacers and her alignment is way off. since you have an 02 i don't know if you would have the same problem...

if what you want is the front end higher, you will definitely get that. her tacoma has a pretty big lean to it. these pictures aren't good and you can't really tell, but hers is the white one.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:46 PM   #6
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTrd View Post
my sister has TC spindles on her 05 tacoma. she really likes them, says the ride is a lot better. the only complaint she has is that the stock 17s on the 05 don't fit with them so she had to get wheel spacers and her alignment is way off. since you have an 02 i don't know if you would have the same problem...

if what you want is the front end higher, you will definitely get that. her tacoma has a pretty big lean to it. these pictures aren't good and you can't really tell, but hers is the white one.

off topic, but.... What kind of grille is on her truck? Grillecraft?

PS.
tell her she needs the BHLM
Old 07-22-2009, 11:50 PM   #7
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
off topic, but.... What kind of grille is on her truck? Grillecraft?

PS.
tell her she needs the BHLM
yepp the grillcraft mx grille, same one i have. i tried telling her to do the BHLM but she thinks it will make her HIDs pointless....she doesn't listen to me
Old 07-23-2009, 12:08 AM   #8
Kenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant future

Kenny650's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yepp the grillcraft mx grille, same one i have. i tried telling her to do the BHLM but she thinks it will make her HIDs pointless....she doesn't listen to me
Wow..sisters with Tacomas..never heard such a thing!

edit: do you have any side views of the white Tacoma?
Old 07-23-2009, 12:10 AM   #9

Quote:
i tried telling her to do the BHLM but she thinks it will make her HIDs pointless....she doesn't listen to me
must be an older sister
Old 07-23-2009, 08:18 AM   #10
hell yes i love my truck

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny650 View Post
Wow..sisters with Tacomas..never heard such a thing!

edit: do you have any side views of the white Tacoma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
must be an older sister
haha yepp
Old 07-23-2009, 09:06 AM   #11
Kenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant future

^ That is a fat lean...does she have any sort of lift in the rear?
Old 07-23-2009, 09:41 AM   #12
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
If you are 2wd and want over 2.5" of lift total chaos or camburg spindles are the best way to do it. They are pricey but you will get the best results.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:10 AM   #13
hell yes i love my truck

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny650 View Post
^ That is a fat lean...does she have any sort of lift in the rear?
nope not yet, she's planning on dakars in the rear i believe.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:21 AM   #14
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
would you need to get new UCA's with these or would the stock ones work?
Old 07-23-2009, 11:42 AM   #15
$DO WORK$
gouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
gouge44's Tacoma Gallery
im not a big fan of the front tires sticking out so far and the back ones tucked in.... just doesnt look right, two very nice trucks though
Old 07-23-2009, 04:03 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_wood View Post
would you need to get new UCA's with these or would the stock ones work?
thats one of the benefits of a spindle lift- you keep your a-arms at the same angle as stock so unless you want the extra lift of some spacers, or coilovers you wouldnt need aftermarket UCAs. So then i guess that would means it depends on whether you just do the spindle lift, or you do some suspension also.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:01 PM   #17
"Not you, fat jesus"

So would I be able to put a spindle lift and keep my 2.5inch spacer? Or is that exceeding the limit for a nondropbracket lift? Or wouldthe longer spindles allow more lift without having to do drop brackets?

I'm thinking of getting 5100s also. Could I set them at 1" and putthe spindle lift on as well? And take off my spacer lift.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:04 PM   #18
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
so with spindles to get the back as high as the front would i do aal?

and how much lift is it?
Old 07-23-2009, 09:11 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
so with spindles to get the back as high as the front would i do aal?

and how much lift is it?
4"
Old 07-23-2009, 09:13 PM   #20
hell yes i love my truck

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouge44 View Post
im not a big fan of the front tires sticking out so far and the back ones tucked in.... just doesnt look right, two very nice trucks though
the only reason her front tires stick out so much is because she had to get wheel spacers for the stock wheels to fit with the new spindles. i don't like it either.