LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Installed Toytec Spacers and AAL with pics

Old 07-23-2009, 08:03 PM   #1
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Installed Toytec Spacers and AAL with pics

Hey guys I just finished up my 3" lift BY MYSELF so anyone can do it.
It took me a while to do it (all most all day because of hangups) but it can be done. If you have any questions please feel free to ask! Input is welcome!

First off, Jack up your truck and place jackstands under the frame, take off BOTH tires, theres a reason why, I thought i could get away with one but no, I was dumb.

You want to take off the nuts that hold the UCA and spindle together, and the spindle to sway bar. Becareful it might POP out, so put the jack under there to relieve tension.

Here you can see the sway bar link arm and spindle just hanging there, make sure you support the spindle to take off the tension off the brake lines, AND you might want to take off the wiring to the ABS by the clips that hold it in.

After you have done both sides move the sway bar up and away from you supported by wire or zipties. Jack up the spindle or A-Arm to relieve tension off the lower shock bolt and take it out. I used a dealy thing my dad had laying around (forgot the name) to kinda jack the shock up a little and wiggle the bolt out AND Put it back in when you need to. After you take out the bolt, bring down the whole spindle and do the other side.

Next take off the 3 nuts off the top of the shock NOT THE MIDDLE!!!! Wiggle out the shock from the bottom and pull the whole thing out.

Next you compress the spring enough to be able to take the MIDDLE nut off. If you have time and money, nows the chance to take it to a professional and have them do it. I did it myself for free, just rent the tool at Autozone Part # 27036 STRUT/SPRING COMPRESSOR. $50 plus tax. Don't worry you'll get your beer monies back when you return it. Heres the pic after i compressed the spring enough to relieve tension on the top mount so i could get the 3 studs out. It take a long time to do it by hand, but I did it.

Next take the top nut off. You might have to use a pair of pliers to hold the thread whilst you unscrew the nut. Then take the 3 studs out. I used a vise and hammer.

Next i put the spacer, top plate with new/longer provided bolts, other spacer and Middle Nut back together. Keep in mind not to relieve the tension off the springs! In fact you have to compress the spring more to be able to add the rest of the spacers on there. Test fit it BEFORE you put it back on. you need to align the top studs and lower shock bolt before you start uncompressing the spring. I wasted time because i didn't do this. heres a pic after I had it on there.

Do both sides and start connecting everything back together. BRING THE SWAY BAR DOWN!!!! I forgot to do this to one side and i ended up having to take the spindle nut off again and put it down before the UCA. I wasted time AGAIN for not thinking and rushing. With the sway bar down, throw the shock back in there bolt everything back up. you will have to jack the truck up higher because of the lift to get the tires on. Thats pretty much the front! THe back i'll have sometime this week. Again by myself!
What it should look like afterwards

Can you tell? kinda? Maybe?

I couldn't do the back AAL cuz of the rain so heres a faraway shot from inside.

Hope this helps, i'll try to edit it as best i can. And yes YOU CAN DO THIS BY YOURSELF!!! Don't be afraid, having a friend helps too. Thanks guys!
Old 07-23-2009, 08:21 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Good Job!