Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3 inch suspension lift

Old 08-10-2009, 11:59 AM   #21
huedawg is on a distinguished road
huedawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fghtngsquirrel View Post
I wish I would have known you were looking at the Pro Comp lift...

http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/s...ts_toyota3.htm

I have this kit and I have ZERO issues, no spacers, and it was $200 to install. Maybe the stealership charged a lot more for install?? Good luck with it man!
Thats the one ! Let me ask you since you have the same setup, I want to get bigger tires ( still running stock , and yes it looks a bit funny ) what size can I use without rubbing ? Keep in mind that I work out of this truck and I drive at least 75 miles a day so I don't want mudders or such .
Old 08-10-2009, 12:03 PM   #22
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
fghtngsquirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fghtngsquirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
would those tires fit before the lift? I dropped off my truck at the dealer for the TSB today and asked about a 3" lift and the guy in Parts said that Toyota doesn't do lifts.

I figure I will just wait until about 50,000 miles when it is time to get new tires and shocks anyway and do the lift and tires then.
285's need a lift, but you could go with 265 Nitto's.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:09 PM   #23
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
would those tires fit before the lift? I dropped off my truck at the dealer for the TSB today and asked about a 3" lift and the guy in Parts said that Toyota doesn't do lifts.

I figure I will just wait until about 50,000 miles when it is time to get new tires and shocks anyway and do the lift and tires then.
did you go to bill penny toyota?
Old 08-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #24
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by huedawg View Post
Thats the one ! Let me ask you since you have the same setup, I want to get bigger tires ( still running stock , and yes it looks a bit funny ) what size can I use without rubbing ? Keep in mind that I work out of this truck and I drive at least 75 miles a day so I don't want mudders or such .
Either 285/75/16 or 285/70/17 depending on what rim size you have. If you're planning on running the stock wheels, you will need wheel spacers (such as Spidertrax). If you're wanting new rims as well, it is recommended to get 4.5" backspacing and -.12 offset. The guys that put mine on had to cut a very small portion of the black wheel well liner, but nothing major and it does not rub at all.

How are you liking the Pro Comp setup?
Old 08-10-2009, 12:22 PM   #25
huedawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Either 285/75/16 or 285/70/17 depending on what rim size you have. If you're planning on running the stock wheels, you will need wheel spacers (such as Spidertrax). If you're wanting new rims as well, it is recommended to get 4.5" backspacing and -.12 offset. The guys that put mine on had to cut a very small portion of the black wheel well liner, but nothing major and it does not rub at all.

How are you liking the Pro Comp setup?
I dont have the money now for new rims, in fact, I was going to paint my stock ones black ( dark metallic like ) . Will the 285's still work ? As far as the kit and the ride and such , its nice ! The only thing is , is that sometimes when I let off the gas I have a strange "clinking" type sound . Not sure what that is . I looked at everything and as far as I can see, it all looks nice and snug , however, it does have me wondering now .
Old 08-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #26
If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front
imsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: VMFA-314 F/A-18 Fighter Jet Plane Captain and Mech.
Name: Randy
imsikotic's Tacoma Gallery
I run a 3" Toytech spacer lift and 285/70/17s. The ride can definatly be better. I got the lift right when I bought the truck before I knew anything about lifting. I would recommend if you have the money go with some quality Coilovers (Fox, King, Icon, Sway-a-Way). But if money is tight get the Bilstein 5100s. For the rear you can run an add a leaf or 3 leaf overload replacement pack with some longer shocks.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #27
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!

Quote:
I dont have the money now for new rims, in fact, I was going to paint my stock ones black ( dark metallic like ) . Will the 285's still work ? As far as the kit and the ride and such , its nice ! The only thing is , is that sometimes when I let off the gas I have a strange "clinking" type sound . Not sure what that is . I looked at everything and as far as I can see, it all looks nice and snug , however, it does have me wondering now .
Hmm, I haven't noticed any type of clicking noise coming from mine. Personal experience with my stock wheels and 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers was not good. The tires were WAY too close to the UCA's, and I was going to run Spidertrax spacers, but ended up going with new rims. Instead of having less than 1/8th of an inch between the tires and UCA's, I now have a couple of inches. It's really your call, but if you can't afford new rims or spacers, then the 265's might be better.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:09 PM   #28
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Look and see if your sway bar is hitting the struts in the front....Mine are just barely but i can hear it, gotta get the relocation kit.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:35 PM   #29
Amos will become famous soon enough

Name: Daniel
Amos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotLift37 View Post
did you go to bill penny toyota?
yes.

I have heard a lot of bad things about bill penny, but I have had nothing but good experiences. They did the TSB without any problem, all I had to do was take the printout in and Chris in service ordered the parts. I also had my front left axel boot come loose while mudding and they are replacing the whole axel under warranty.

I have only had my truck for two weeks and someone backed into it in a parking lot. Luckily I was in the truck when it happened. Their insurance is paying for the body work ($1700). It sucks, but now I have a spare bumper that is scratched and bent a little on the right side if I ever ruin the new one.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:32 PM   #30
huedawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uood8 View Post
Look and see if your sway bar is hitting the struts in the front....Mine are just barely but i can hear it, gotta get the relocation kit.
It doesn't appear to be making contact . I took it to the dealer today and let them look at it . They said they was going to contact the company that they buy from ( DSI ) and see what they cant do as far as getting something for it .
Attached Thumbnails
3 inch suspension lift-gedc2127.jpg  
Old 08-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #31
huedawg's Tacoma Gallery
Here are a few pics I took today
Attached Thumbnails
3 inch suspension lift-gedc2126.jpg   3 inch suspension lift-gedc2121.jpg  
Old 08-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #32
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!

Quote:
Here are a few pics I took today
Looks good! What size tire are you running in the pictures?
Old 08-13-2009, 03:44 AM   #33
huedawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looks good! What size tire are you running in the pictures?
Those are 275-70-16
Old 08-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #34
tpsitnisky is on a distinguished road
tpsitnisky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwguy60 View Post
Here is a pic of my truck next to a stock Tacoma, both are 2009's.

What size are those tires bro?
Old 09-01-2011, 09:35 AM   #35
Tac 2009 is on a distinguished road

Tac 2009's Tacoma Gallery
thats the 3' eh? very nice. the tires must be a bit bigger though?
Old 04-01-2012, 05:11 AM   #36
broth9488 is on a distinguished road
Navy: AWS2(Aerial Gunner)/E-5, HM-14
Name: Bryan Roth
broth9488's Tacoma Gallery
im thinking about doing a 3in lift on my truck and have already bought 18in rims and 285/65/18 for tires. Im debating on whether to do spacers or the bilstein shocks. ive been told that with 3in spacers and stock shocks it doesnt make much of a difference in the ride. Can anyone confirm or deny this? and is there any noticable difference between the 2.5 and 3in?
Old 04-01-2012, 05:32 AM   #37
Taco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant future
Name: JohnnyHildo
Taco Libre's Tacoma Gallery
there seems to be a lot of questions with easily found answers inside the forum list under suspension. keep on truckin!