Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3 inch suspension lift

Old 07-24-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
huedawg is on a distinguished road
huedawg's Tacoma Gallery
3 inch suspension lift

Does a three inch suspension lift look a lot different than a stock Tacoma ? I am still debating on having this done . I dont do much off roading , it would really just be more for looks than anything .
My local Toyo dealer told me that if they were to get the lift and install it , it would not harm my vehicles warranty . They said they used a company called DSI , or something like that . They told me around $850 for everything . Is that a decent price >?
Old 07-24-2009, 03:02 PM   #2
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
That price depends on what your getting. Ask them what kind of lift it is. No Lift you get should void your warranty unless you have a problem and it is caused by whatever modification you did to your truck. If your looking for looks you should go for the bilstein 5100s at 2.5" or just go spacer but its a harsh ride.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Don't pay the dealer to do it for you...You WILL be getting screwed.

A 3 inch lift is a fair bit of difference from the stock height and it lets you fit some larger tires under the truck. The Bilstien 5100 series shocks are a good recommendation if you are going for looks- Inexpensive compared to lots of other kits and they retain a good ride.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:35 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
$850? Yeah it all depends on what parts they are changing or adding. It could be a great price or a rip off depending. Find out what all they use.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:39 PM   #5
huedawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoGuy05 View Post
That price depends on what your getting. Ask them what kind of lift it is. No Lift you get should void your warranty unless you have a problem and it is caused by whatever modification you did to your truck. If your looking for looks you should go for the bilstein 5100s at 2.5" or just go spacer but its a harsh ride.
They said that included new shock/s leafs . Also, they said that if I did it myself , it would void my warranty if I were to ever have an suspension related issue . However, if they do it , and something happens, then they will cover it at no charge , all parts and labor . ? So , I am just not sure . Spoke with a few local guys and they said it was worth having the toyo techs do the install , as long as I didnt mind spending the extra $220 or so ?
Old 07-24-2009, 03:42 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by huedawg View Post
They said that included new shock/s leafs . Also, they said that if I did it myself , it would void my warranty if I were to ever have an suspension related issue . However, if they do it , and something happens, then they will cover it at no charge , all parts and labor . ? So , I am just not sure . Spoke with a few local guys and they said it was worth having the toyo techs do the install , as long as I didnt mind spending the extra $220 or so ?
I'm just wondering if it is a spacer lift?
Old 07-24-2009, 03:52 PM   #7
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
3" lift may not seem like alot but depending on the size tire you have now the added height from tires that you could fit after the lift combined with the lift itself is definitely noticeable
Old 07-24-2009, 04:26 PM   #8
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
fghtngsquirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fghtngsquirrel
I think also the "look" depends on what type of Tacoma you have. My double cab long bed doesn't look much different from far away because of how long it is, vs an access cab with a short bed. My .02 anyway
Old 08-09-2009, 06:16 PM   #9
huedawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fghtngsquirrel View Post
I think also the "look" depends on what type of Tacoma you have. My double cab long bed doesn't look much different from far away because of how long it is, vs an access cab with a short bed. My .02 anyway
Just an update here, I got my truck back yesterday from the dealership and the lift looks great ! I just need to get some tires to match . It was a pro compt lift es6000 ( they left me stickers in the drivers seat ) and I ended up paying $815 for everything .
The only thing I have noticed so far was , a little bit of drift and when I hit speeds of 60 or better and let of the gas, I hear a "clunking" type noise ? Not sure what that is ? Anyone have any ideas ? Its only when I let off the gas at high speeds ?
Old 08-09-2009, 06:36 PM   #10
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I wish I would have known you were looking at the Pro Comp lift...

http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/s...ts_toyota3.htm

I have this kit and I have ZERO issues, no spacers, and it was $200 to install. Maybe the stealership charged a lot more for install?? Good luck with it man!
Old 08-09-2009, 06:49 PM   #11
Amos will become famous soon enough

Name: Daniel
Amos's Tacoma Gallery
have any before/after pics?
Old 08-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #12
vwguy60 is a jewel in the roughvwguy60 is a jewel in the roughvwguy60 is a jewel in the roughvwguy60 is a jewel in the rough
vwguy60's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a pic of my truck next to a stock Tacoma, both are 2009's.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:56 PM   #14
vwguy60 is a jewel in the roughvwguy60 is a jewel in the roughvwguy60 is a jewel in the roughvwguy60 is a jewel in the rough
vwguy60's Tacoma Gallery
Only 3 inches too...
Old 08-09-2009, 09:04 PM   #15
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!

Are you also running 285's in that picture?
Old 08-09-2009, 09:06 PM   #16
vwguy60's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fghtngsquirrel View Post
Are you also running 285's in that picture?
Yup, 285-70-17 Nitto TGs.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #17
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!

I think that between the lift and the bigger tires, the look of the truck is totally different from stock! Nice truck!
Old 08-09-2009, 09:15 PM   #19
vwguy60's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Colton!
Old 08-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #20
Amos will become famous soon enough

Name: Daniel
Amos's Tacoma Gallery
would those tires fit before the lift? I dropped off my truck at the dealer for the TSB today and asked about a 3" lift and the guy in Parts said that Toyota doesn't do lifts.

I figure I will just wait until about 50,000 miles when it is time to get new tires and shocks anyway and do the lift and tires then.