Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

1st Gen. Rubbing Problem with Fabtech Lift

Old 07-25-2009, 01:24 PM   #1
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen. Rubbing Problem with Fabtech Lift

A buddy of mine just bought a 2003 reg cab taco 4cyl 2wd. The back is stock. But the front has fabtech uca's and it looks to have fabtech shocks and coils. He has 235/75/15 tires.

He is rubbing the uca's at turn on both sides. Also the back of the tires rub the frame. How can this be fixed? Im thinking just spacers...

Any help? Are the tires too wide? They are not that big. Thanks a lot!
Old 07-27-2009, 04:29 PM   #3
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a backspacing issue to me...
Old 07-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #5
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
i dont think it's a rubbing issue... those tires should fit and the stock wheels will be fine of course... look into the suspension maybe?
Old 07-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #6
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
i dont think it's a rubbing issue... those tires should fit and the stock wheels will be fine of course... look into the suspension maybe?
The tires rub the frame and the uca. You think its the lift? could be.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:43 PM   #7
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
when i put my 285/75 on my tires rubbed the frame in the back but not the uca's... spacers fixed it
Old 07-27-2009, 05:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dud122 View Post
when i put my 285/75 on my tires rubbed the frame in the back but not the uca's... spacers fixed it
Sweet. Thanks. Whats the best kind of spacers for the 1st gens? Does spidertrax make some?
Old 07-27-2009, 08:10 PM   #9
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like its a 5 lug mini with a Fabtech lift for the older 5 lugs...

considering stock tires on that should be 215-70-15 or something like that, the wheels need to have less backspace than stock to fit those bigger tires...

check out some spacers fo sho...
Old 07-27-2009, 08:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
sounds like its a 5 lug mini with a Fabtech lift for the older 5 lugs...

considering stock tires on that should be 215-70-15 or something like that, the wheels need to have less backspace than stock to fit those bigger tires...

check out some spacers fo sho...
thanks mike.

thanks to all others as well. I will let him know.

If anyone knows the best spacers to buy please let me know. I checked spidertrax. They dont seem to make them for it.