Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need new UCAs with Bilstein 5100 2.5" lift?

Old 07-25-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
Geaux Tigers
BradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
BradleyJ33's Tacoma Gallery
Need new UCAs with Bilstein 5100 2.5" lift?

If I'm lifting my front by 2.5" with the Bilstein 5100 shocks, is it necessary to get new UCAs to help with alignment problems? I want the lift but I wasn't planning on shelling out the $$$ for new UCAs. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:40 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yep.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:54 PM   #4
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Well i installed my aal today and 5100s set at .85, i first aimed for 2.5, we could get the strut assembly in but we could not connect the UCA to the spindle?? it just would not happen, and it was streching the brake lines way to much also. The uca was way down and the lower spindle would not go up when we tried to jack it up... it would just lift the whole truck. hope you can understand this i am tired lol. Now im feeling sad because i dont think .85 is enough. Any tips because i know i will have to try it again :| thanks

sorry to hijack i just didnt want to make another thread.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:43 PM   #5
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson View Post
Well i installed my aal today and 5100s set at .85, i first aimed for 2.5, we could get the strut assembly in but we could not connect the UCA to the spindle?? it just would not happen, and it was streching the brake lines way to much also. The uca was way down and the lower spindle would not go up when we tried to jack it up... it would just lift the whole truck. hope you can understand this i am tired lol. Now im feeling sad because i dont think .85 is enough. Any tips because i know i will have to try it again :| thanks

sorry to hijack i just didnt want to make another thread.
I had the same exact problem. The spindle was too low to let the UCA uni bolt to connect... Sorry I cant remember how we fixed it.

I do remember stripping the starter thread on the uni bolt

For the stretching of the brake lines we used zipties to let there be enough slack to let the it move around while enough room so we could work.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:26 AM   #6
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
I had the same exact problem. The spindle was too low to let the UCA uni bolt to connect... Sorry I cant remember how we fixed it.

I do remember stripping the starter thread on the uni bolt

For the stretching of the brake lines we used zipties to let there be enough slack to let the it move around while enough room so we could work.
Thanks for the help, i guess ill try setting it at 1.75 and trying it again.