Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Fox rear shocks for 02

Old 07-27-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
The Green Machine
MiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MiikeyD's Tacoma Gallery
Fox rear shocks for 02

I was searching through offroadwarehouse and saw some fox shocks with a piggy back reservoir. these are the specs.

Part Number:
FOX980-99-550-A

Product Name:
1996-2004 Toyota Tacoma Rear Shocks (Left)
Our Price: $210.00
Sale Price: $189.00
Free Shipping!
Description:
FREE Shipping! FREE First Revalve!
* Back To The Desert Special! 10% Off Fox Shocks!
* Special &quotsmooth bore" seamless alloy steel body
* Special Fox bushings designed for factory mounts
* Eyelet bushings on both ends
* A high-flow, large bore, damping piston and utilizes the highest quality valve shims available
* Nitrogen gas pressurized to 200psi
* Teflon lined steel spherical bearings
* Hard-chrome steel shaft
* Billet aluminum end-caps and eyelets
* Fully rebuildable
* Ext. length:24.64" & Col. length:15.07"

with the length would these shocks require a bedcage or at least a bolt on bedcage?
Old 08-03-2009, 09:03 AM   #3
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
these shocks will bolt in to stock shock points no need for a rear cage. they look awsome, i'm thinking about getting a pair myself

your probably gonna want to run them with a new rear spring like a deaver 8 leaf pack or at least the icon 3 leaf add pack. running them with stock leaves could damage the shock when your hitting the dirt
Old 08-03-2009, 09:10 AM   #4
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
these shocks will bolt in to stock shock points no need for a rear cage. they look awsome, i'm thinking about getting a pair myself

your probably gonna want to run them with a new rear spring like a deaver 8 leaf pack or at least the icon 3 leaf add pack. running them with stock leaves could damage the shock when your hitting the dirt

You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but how would the stock leafs cause damage to the shock??
Old 08-03-2009, 09:47 AM   #5
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-03-2009, 12:15 PM   #6
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
no need for a bed cage, i don't know about the first gens but the second gen has a stem top instead of an eyelet, call offroad warehouse and ask them if they will fit your lift, i know they sell fox's for the 2nd gen but they are for stock height, they don't sell anything for a lifted rear.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:22 PM   #7
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
bajamoon that is one sick ride.i could never do that aruond here,ide have every cop around on my ass,untill i went off road i guess.good job.oh sorry for the thread jack.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:29 PM   #8
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataco View Post
bajamoon that is one sick ride.i could never do that aruond here,ide have every cop around on my ass,untill i went off road i guess.good job.oh sorry for the thread jack.
thanks and it is legal, the bumper has a crush Zone, it will destroy whatever i hit but legal. x2 on the thread jack. free bump