Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Toytec lift kits

Old 07-27-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
salquezada80 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Submariner
salquezada80's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec lift kits

I was lookin at a Toytec lift kit. Has 3" spacers for the front shocks and a 2" AAL for the back. Its like $230. Anyone think Toytec sucks??

Sal
Old 07-27-2009, 09:21 PM   #2
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
No but I think spacers suck
Old 07-27-2009, 09:24 PM   #3
Kmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
Kmoney's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
No but I think spacers suck
x2
Old 07-27-2009, 09:34 PM   #4
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
Since you are looking for spacers, I guess you don't have budget for more expensive lifts yet. Spacers is a good start. The toytec seems to be a good spacer lift. The 3" lift is achieved by a preload spacer and a top plate spacer, which most say that it's better than some spacer lifts that are entirely top plate spacer. The installation will require spring compressor.

If your budget is around $300-400, you might want to consider the Bilstein 5100. It is height adjustable up to 2.5" (.85", 1.75" and 2.5"). You get the small lift and a benefit of the better ride of 5100 shocks.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:21 PM   #5
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
x2
x1000000000000
Old 07-28-2009, 05:58 AM   #7
wfbont007 will become famous soon enough
wfbont007's Tacoma Gallery
Had the Toyec spacers for one year and just replaced them with Icon CO's. One of the best things that I have done.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:11 AM   #8
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I had the toytec spacers for a little over a year, just replaced them with fox 2.0 coilovers. night and day difference.

the spacers were not a bad "beginners" lift but the upgrade was a very nice welcome
Old 07-28-2009, 09:13 AM   #9
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
2 words.

Spacers suck

That is all