Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

lean on the driver side?

Old 07-28-2009, 07:39 AM   #1
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
lean on the driver side?

I have a prerunner 4 door that i put the advustable bilsteins on about 6 or 8 months ago. i was checking out the measurments yesterday and noticed that my front pasenger side sits up 1/4 inch higher than the driver side and the rear passenger sits up almost an inch higher than the driver side. anyone know what may be causing this?
Old 07-28-2009, 07:47 AM   #3
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
They all do. Toytec has a 1/4" top plate spacer that goes in between top of strut & frame. Yes, the studs are already long enough. It costs about 20.00.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 07-28-2009, 07:48 AM   #4
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
will this correct the rear lean also? what do you mean crank? i seen somewhere on here about a 1/4in plate to put on the driver side but that would give me 1/2 in on the driver side and make the passenger side lower wouldn't it?
Old 07-28-2009, 07:48 AM   #5
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
The battery, gas tank, and driver are all on the driver side...It's the normal "Taco lean." You can crank the driver coilover up to compensate.
I think he has 5100s, not fully adjustable coilovers. If he does then what you said, lol.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:50 AM   #6
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonh View Post
will this correct the rear lean also? what do you mean crank? i seen somewhere on here about a 1/4in plate to put on the driver side but that would give me 1/2 in on the driver side and make the passenger side lower wouldn't it?
Yes, click my link. Yes, the rear pass corner should go down a bit when lifting the front drvr corner.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:51 AM   #7
tossed salad anyone?

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Yes, click my link. Yes, the rear pass corner should go down a bit when lifting the front drvr corner.
thanks for the link.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:36 PM   #8
tossed salad anyone?

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
ok i got my plate from toytec do i just disconet the three bolts lower it put the plate on top of the three bolts then back into the frame? probably a dumb question i just want to make sure
Old 07-31-2009, 03:43 PM   #9
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Old 08-01-2009, 10:35 AM   #10
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonh View Post
ok i got my plate from toytec do i just disconet the three bolts lower it put the plate on top of the three bolts then back into the frame? probably a dumb question i just want to make sure
Basically, yes, but it is easier said than done. Follow the how-to for shock removal & hope the 5100 setup is same as stock on overall length where you can sneak the top out without much other suspension disassembly.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...g-removal.html