Old 03-22-2013, 03:12 AM   #682
Forum ninja
SGT Yoda will become famous soon enoughSGT Yoda will become famous soon enough

Army:
Name: Jesus
SGT Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd for future endeavors...
Old 05-01-2013, 07:54 AM   #685
JpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement:
JpAdct's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by udy2554 View Post
I'm pretty sure you can get them in silver for a couple extra bucks.
I just installed these in silver. Very happy so far. When they settle, I can adjust.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #686
Old Fart
Rival14 has a spectacular aura aboutRival14 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dave, The Lip Ripper Extraordinaire
Rival14's Tacoma Gallery
Got tired of vasilating and just said fuck it and got the ultimate.
New truck so why treat it to anything less than the best I guess.
Plus I like the red coils, LOL.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #687
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rival14 View Post
Just because ToyTec calls it ultimate doesn't make it the best.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #688
Old Fart
Rival14 has a spectacular aura aboutRival14 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dave, The Lip Ripper Extraordinaire
Rival14's Tacoma Gallery
Well you're right in a sense.
Sure I could have gone Icon, Camburg etc but being that i just plunked down 33K cash for the truck, put a topper on etc Im not totally flush with dough at the moment.

Best as in better than spacers, combining Struts with other coils, blocks etc.

It made sense for what I am going to be doing and the adjustability is the key for me.
Seems this is one of the better riding toytec products and install should be no biggie either.
Overall I am, after all the reading ive done, confident Ive made a good purchase.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #689
JpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement:
JpAdct's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well you're right in a sense.
Sure I could have gone Icon, Camburg etc but being that i just plunked down 33K cash for the truck, put a topper on etc Im not totally flush with dough at the moment.

Best as in better than spacers, combining Struts with other coils, blocks etc.

It made sense for what I am going to be doing and the adjustability is the key for me.
Seems this is one of the better riding toytec products and install should be no biggie either.
Overall I am, after all the reading ive done, confident Ive made a good purchase.
Not "The Best" sure, but you'll like them. I was sceptical when I bought my front coil overs from ToyTec, but after just a week, I am surprisingly happy with my set up. You'll be too. I do recommend UCAs. I went with Light Racing and their adjustment ability is nice.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #690
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I did the ULK almost 50,000 miles ago. The only things I've done since then are: 1. I added the aal to the Dakars. 2. Changed out the rear Billies to the OME Nitros. The LR UCAs were also an upgrade.

The ULK has served me well. If and when the front coilovers "wear out", I will look into something "mid-travel"!

I think you will be happy with your choice!
Old 05-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #691
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JpAdct View Post
Not "The Best" sure, but you'll like them. I was sceptical when I bought my front coil overs from ToyTec, but after just a week, I am surprisingly happy with my set up. You'll be too. I do recommend UCAs. I went with Light Racing and their adjustment ability is nice.

+1 Toytec coilovers with LR UCAs have impressed me. I'm getting over 11 inches of wheel travel out of mine.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:51 AM   #692
Texasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud of

Name: Chance
Texasdynaryder's Tacoma Gallery
Have any of you had issues with your coilover shock bushings failing prematurely? I have only about 15k miles on mine and they at shot!
Old 05-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #693
emilminasian is on a distinguished road
Name: Emil Minasian
emilminasian's Tacoma Gallery
What ome set up is recommended for just the front ?
Old 05-14-2013, 12:02 AM   #694
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilminasian View Post
What ome set up is recommended for just the front ?
That depends on how much you want to lift the front of your DCSB.
Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures
Old 06-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #695
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Is the Toy tec ultimate kit the exact same as getting EIBACH coils and putting them on Bilsteins? I ask because I'm confused as to which brand coils come with the TTU kit. Are the coils 620# coils just like the Eibachs?
Old 06-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #696
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
+1 Toytec coilovers with LR UCAs have impressed me. I'm getting over 11 inches of wheel travel out of mine.

I'm thinking you need to cycle it again and get the true numbers, there is no way you are getting 11" or over. Try 8"-9"
Old 07-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #697
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
OME all the way.... But I def. need to perform swagBar removal asap!

chicken wingin it
Old 07-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #698
CharlieBrown is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Ryan
CharlieBrown's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 07-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #699
OmniPhillips is on a distinguished road
Name: Omni
OmniPhillips's Tacoma Gallery
Research, research, research and build your own. That's what I ended up doing. Bought some things from Toytec and from Wheelers.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #700
Chakraj is on a distinguished road
Chakraj's Tacoma Gallery
I went with the Toytec adjustable and the total chaos UCA

OME lift kit vs. Toytec Ultimate Coilover kit-totalchaos.jpg