View Poll Results: OME vs. Toytec
OME Kit 871 58.77%
Toytec Coilovers 611 41.23%
Voters: 1482. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #701
ME OFF Rd is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
ME OFF Rd's Tacoma Gallery
Alrighty then I’m a new guy here to Tacoma World and I have a question about lift kits thatI don’t think was asked before. Has anyone bought the OME lift springs and leafs and still used the stock shocks that was on the truck? OMEfrom ToyTecLifts

I’m kind of thinking this might be a good stepping stone to get my gal lifted now and later add other the other component like better shocks and LR UCAs. Keep in mind my truck is a daily commuting street queen 95% of the time and only sees OFF road action a few times a year when hunting/fishing.

I apologize if this question was already ask but I have read well over 200+ posts about 3 inch lefts over the last couple of days and I’m kind of running on information overload…
Old 08-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #702
Chakraj is on a distinguished road
Chakraj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakraj View Post
I went with the Toytec adjustable and the total chaos UCA

Attachment 227249
Damn, that looks sweet. I like your set up...

Old 08-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #704
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME OFF Rd View Post
Alrighty then I’m a new guy here to Tacoma World and I have a question about lift kits thatI don’t think was asked before. Has anyone bought the OME lift springs and leafs and still used the stock shocks that was on the truck? OMEfrom ToyTecLifts

I’m kind of thinking this might be a good stepping stone to get my gal lifted now and later add other the other component like better shocks and LR UCAs. Keep in mind my truck is a daily commuting street queen 95% of the time and only sees OFF road action a few times a year when hunting/fishing.

I apologize if this question was already ask but I have read well over 200+ posts about 3 inch lefts over the last couple of days and I’m kind of running on information overload…
I don't think that would even work. The stock shocks are probably not long enough. I would just wait til you can afford the full kit.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #705
Quebeker
elclem21 is a jewel in the roughelclem21 is a jewel in the roughelclem21 is a jewel in the rough

Canadian Army:
Name: Clément
elclem21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME OFF Rd View Post

At the most, you can use the front 884 coils along with your stock shocks to level the front. I definitely recommend not to go any further than that, not even the rear (keep it this way or replace the shocks with a AAL).

Honestly, I would say like Brad, pile up the money until you can afford the kit.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #706
SGRob is on a distinguished road
Name: Robert
SGRob's Tacoma Gallery
I've been reading and reading and still not sure....I'm only wanting around 2in and to be level or maybe just a little higher in rear but want to be able to haul a load without any issues....I have a 13 DC
Old 08-30-2013, 08:35 PM   #707
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Call up Wheeler's and tell them what you are looking for.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:25 PM   #708
Tacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacozilla's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 09-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #709
TacoAg09 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
TacoAg09's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys,

I read the press release deal on the OME 90000s, but has anyone driven both old and new OMEs? What exactly is 'stiffer'? Is it just tighter and less roll in turns? or can you actually feel more of the bumps and other road features. (yet another 90/10 road driver)

love this place...
Old 09-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #710
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec simply because it is what I can afford and I like the bilsteins monoyube design better
Old 10-03-2013, 05:09 AM   #711
GoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
GoDeacsWFU23's Tacoma Gallery
What is everyone's opinion on the Nitro Charger sport shocks? I was looking at Wheelers website and they offer a kit with a Dakar pack, 885's and Nitro Charger shocks. Anyone one have this set-up?
Old 10-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #712
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDeacsWFU23 View Post
What is everyone's opinion on the Nitro Charger sport shocks? I was looking at Wheelers website and they offer a kit with a Dakar pack, 885's and Nitro Charger shocks. Anyone one have this set-up?
Lots of people have it. I do, it's pretty nice. I can't compare it to anything though, it's my first lift. Definitely a good pick for the money though.

All the info you could ever want and more in this thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-pictures.html
Old 10-21-2013, 07:44 AM   #713
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
95% on the street, you'll be disappointed! Leave it stock until you can get some icons!

Read my post here.....#21
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ma-lift-2.html
Old 01-28-2014, 09:14 PM   #714
Stalker
TacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TacoBrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
95% on the street, you'll be disappointed! Leave it stock until you can get some icons!

Read my post here.....#21
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ma-lift-2.html
Stage 1 Icon is this one?
http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...sion_p_70.html

So its about $300 more than the toytec ultimate, is it also adjustable while on the truck?

I was leaning towards the ULK, is the Icon that much better? What is the feelable difference? One thing I am a little worried about after lift is how it will handle on pavement on curvy roads.

Also it says the icon preferred tire size is 285.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:05 AM   #715
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBrah View Post
Stage 1 Icon is this one?
http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...sion_p_70.html

So its about $300 more than the toytec ultimate, is it also adjustable while on the truck?

I was leaning towards the ULK, is the Icon that much better? What is the feelable difference? One thing I am a little worried about after lift is how it will handle on pavement on curvy roads.

Also it says the icon preferred tire size is 285.
I have the ULK with Dakars and LR UCAs. The handling on curvy, twisty roads is excellent! I drive them daily!

I am going to upgrade to the Icon extended travel COs after reading the mid-travel forum, but I have 0 complaints with what I run now!
Old 01-29-2014, 07:26 AM   #716
Stalker
TacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by udy2554 View Post
I have the ULK with Dakars and LR UCAs. The handling on curvy, twisty roads is excellent! I drive them daily!

I am going to upgrade to the Icon extended travel COs after reading the mid-travel forum, but I have 0 complaints with what I run now!
I think im going to go with the Icons instead of ULK, its only $300 more, I mean why not?

Are there any downsides to extended travel?
Old 01-29-2014, 01:14 PM   #717
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think im going to go with the Icons instead of ULK, its only $300 more, I mean why not?

Are there any downsides to extended travel?
I have no idea! I haven't gone that way yet. If I spend on the Toy now, my wife will make me a eunuch! I'm still trying to figure out how to explain a rear bumper I have yet to install!
Old 01-29-2014, 07:40 PM   #718
Stalker

Quote:
I have no idea! I haven't gone that way yet. If I spend on the Toy now, my wife will make me a eunuch! I'm still trying to figure out how to explain a rear bumper I have yet to install!
Those rear bumpers are expensive, I want an All-pro.

Back to the lift, I dont see why I would get ULK when I can pay $300 more and get Icon. I am looking to do it right the first time, instead of making changes later.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:07 PM   #719
NORTHERN RED-NECK

udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Those rear bumpers are expensive, I want an All-pro.

Back to the lift, I dont see why I would get ULK when I can pay $300 more and get Icon. I am looking to do it right the first time, instead of making changes later.
I have over 50,000 miles on the ULK so far! Rear Billies failed a bit ago. Went to the OME Nitros and no problems so far!

I will go Icons when it's time! Still no issues with what I have!
Old 01-30-2014, 05:55 PM   #720
Stalker

Quote:
I have over 50,000 miles on the ULK so far! Rear Billies failed a bit ago. Went to the OME Nitros and no problems so far!

I will go Icons when it's time! Still no issues with what I have!
Does that theory make any sense though? Will I save my long term by having rebuildable shocks?