Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

questions about Toytec ultimate 3 inch lift

Old 07-28-2009, 08:46 PM   #1
Wanna know how I got these scars?
BigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
BigBawlzTaco's Tacoma Gallery
questions about Toytec ultimate 3 inch lift

I saved up enough to get this kit but the thing is, my truck is bone stock. Like i literally did nothing to it after i got it.
but im gonna order 4 BFG MT KM2's and 4 Motometal 951's

but the thing is when i install my lift kit do i have to worry about anything else?

the wheels are gonna be 285/70/17
and the wheels are gonna be 17X9

so rubbing i understand and ill see if i can get a buddy to lightly trim my truck.
but will i sag in the back or anything? i think the kit comes with a diff drop kit for the front and rear billie shocks

and it says a toytec rear "long" add a leaf? what the monkey would i need it for, i thought if you had the shocks you wouldnt need the AAL's?
correct me if im wrong, im still a novice with this stuff.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:51 PM   #2
BigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump
Old 07-28-2009, 08:55 PM   #3
johnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to behold
johnny12345's Tacoma Gallery
The shocks wont raise the truck in the rear. You need blocks, AAL or a whole new leaf pack. The shocks just have longer travel to adjust for the rear being raised buy the AAL or whatever you put in there!
Old 07-28-2009, 08:56 PM   #4
Kmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
Kmoney's Tacoma Gallery
The AAL is responsible for raising the rear end of the truck.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny12345 View Post
The shocks wont raise the truck in the rear. You need blocks, AAL or a whole new leaf pack. The shocks just have longer travel to adjust for the rear being raised buy the AAL or whatever you put in there!
So basically the whole thing is set?
i can install it and now worry about a thing?
im probably going to get total chaos UCA's, heard good things about them
Old 07-28-2009, 08:57 PM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmoney View Post
The AAL is responsible for raising the rear end of the truck.
x2
Old 07-28-2009, 08:57 PM   #7
Kmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kmoney's Tacoma Gallery
Yes... with the Ultimate Lift Kit you will be SET!
Old 07-28-2009, 08:58 PM   #8

thank you guys!!!!!
hopefully i cant go wrong with this
i didnt wanna get the 6 inch because i didnt wanna cut the crossmember, i wouldnt offroad that much, AND it costs way too much. so hopefully this kit wont dissapoint me.
THANKS!
Old 07-28-2009, 08:59 PM   #9
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBawlzTaco View Post
UCAs are in the front. I'll break it down a little to try and help out.

The front is raised by either a longer shock, a stronger rated spring or a combination of the both in the form of a coilover. The UCAs allow you to get the correct alignment angles after the truck has been lifted.

The rear is raised by an AAL or a block, and a longer shock is needed to fill in the new extra space created by the lift
Old 07-28-2009, 08:59 PM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah you should be good to go! TC UCA's will make the alignment right.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:59 PM   #11
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
its everything u need for the front and rear lift
member Chocotaco has that lift check out his pics
Old 07-28-2009, 09:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Yeah you should be good to go! TC UCA's will make the alignment right.

how much do they cost normally?
and instead of the UCA can i just do a little bit of trimming?
what is the allignment?
and i bet thats the noobiest question youve ever heard. sorry
Old 07-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #13
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
how much do they cost normally?
and instead of the UCA can i just do a little bit of trimming?
what is the allignment?
and i bet thats the noobiest question youve ever heard. sorry
Questions ar not a problem, its how you learn!

The UCA and rubbing are completely different issues. Alignment is the angles your tires meet the road. If it is out of alignment, tires will wear unevenly, the truck will wander on its own alot, etc. Aftermarket UCAs are needed to get you the correct allignment when lifting 3" or more.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #14

but then i saw the TC UCA's and they are wayyyy to much for my budget. i only have about 5 thousand saved up.
and the uca's i saw were like 2.5k
thats not right is it??
Old 07-28-2009, 09:11 PM   #15
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
but then i saw the TC UCA's and they are wayyyy to much for my budget. i only have about 5 thousand saved up.
and the uca's i saw were like 2.5k
thats not right is it??
No they ar generally around $700
Old 07-28-2009, 09:13 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
No they ar generally around $700
for front and back?
Old 07-28-2009, 09:14 PM   #17
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
for front and back?
$700 for UCAs only. they only go in the front
Old 07-28-2009, 09:17 PM   #18

Quote:
$700 for UCAs only. they only go in the front
im such a chimp fucking noobie.
hahahaha im sorry for the dumb questions, like literally i feel like running into a wall.
but thanks for the help man. GREATLY appreciated.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:24 PM   #19

Kmoney's Tacoma Gallery
Don't feel stupid about asking questions! You have to learn somehow... You care about your truck and the people here have a lot of knowledge to offer!
Old 07-28-2009, 09:33 PM   #20
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Questions ar not a problem, its how you learn!

The UCA and rubbing are completely different issues. Alignment is the angles your tires meet the road. If it is out of alignment, tires will wear unevenly, the truck will wander on its own alot, etc. Aftermarket UCAs are needed to get you the correct allignment when lifting 3" or more.
X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmoney View Post
Don't feel stupid about asking questions! You have to learn somehow... You care about your truck and the people here have a lot of knowledge to offer!
And X2.

Don't be afraid of asking questions! That's what we're here for.