Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2005 base 4x4, helper springs

Old 07-29-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
2005 base 4x4, helper springs

so i just installed a set of 30 dollar helper springs for the rear of my truck. they are the nosiest things in the world! every little bump or divet in the road they are squeaking like crazy. is this typical of a bolt on application like this? i'm about to take them off...
Old 07-29-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
well, i;ve never hauled in this truck with the stock springs. i put these on, and installed them on the max setting. it says on the max settin it can add up to 1500 lbs more capacity(not that i wanted teh capacity, i just didnt want to bottom on hauling). i installed them because over the weekend i was hauling mulch(no big deal) and 1/2 tons of top soil(3 seperate trips). the truck really didnt squat down very much at all with the soil in there. i'm not sure what it would do with just the stock leafs. you figure its around 1000-1200 lbs at best with teh soil. so maybe they do work pretty good for hauling, now it rides like a hay wagon empty tho haha.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
You get what you pay for they always say. If you decide they are too stiff. Look into the Timbren Suspesion Enhancment Bump stops. They support the weight like your helper springs, However when unloaded your truck still rides just like stock.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:17 AM   #5
hmm, might have to look into those down the road. they are pretty pricey, but may be what i'm looking for. it'll just take some time to save up for them
Old 07-31-2009, 07:13 AM   #6
Diamond Gray is on a distinguished road
Diamond Gray's Tacoma Gallery
I am interested in buying some rear helper springs for my 2009 4x2. Where did you get them? Manufacture's name? Hmmm, just some food for thought, try some synthetic brake caliper grease to alleviate the squeak. Hey, if they are not hard to install, just take them off after you get a load of mulch etc. That is what I plan to do.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:14 AM   #7
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Hellwig would be my first choice..try JC Whitney for some great prices.