Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

???? on the bilstein shocks set up

Old 07-29-2009, 03:32 PM   #1
ydoow is on a distinguished road
ydoow's Tacoma Gallery
???? on the bilstein shocks set up

With these shocks http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...djustable.html set at the 2.5" setting on the front do you need to get a AAL for the back to make it sit level? I might be putting this on my 09 DC prerunner 4x2, not sure if I want to do this or a 3" spacer lift. I,m obviously not going to be doing hard core off roading in a 4x2, just need a little lift so when I go camping , and fishing
Old 07-29-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
ydoow's Tacoma Gallery
what about this lift http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
or is the first set up the best for what I need , also what size AAL would I need on the first lift to get it level 1.5" or more?
Old 07-29-2009, 03:54 PM   #4
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydoow View Post
what about this lift http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
or is the first set up the best for what I need , also what size AAL would I need on the first lift to get it level 1.5" or more?
No dont get that lift. If you do the billys, I think you get the long 2" aal and set the billys at 2.5" and it sits pretty level. Dont quote me though. Someone else that has done this will post.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
Notty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud of

Army: 100% Disabled
Notty's Tacoma Gallery
Here's what my setup looks like with the 5100's at 2.5, TSB in the rear with a 1.5 AAL. It sits pretty much perfectly level with maybe a very slight rake.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...85-70-17s.html
Old 07-29-2009, 06:41 PM   #6
ydoow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notty View Post
Here's what my setup looks like with the 5100's at 2.5, TSB in the rear with a 1.5 AAL. It sits pretty much perfectly level with maybe a very slight rake.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...85-70-17s.html
Your truck looks awesome, One question if I don't have the TSB done to the back should I go for the 2" AAL ? Also thanks for posting your pictures that really helps me out a lot , and I'm sure it will help other people out too. Do you think this set up would look OK with the stock rims and tires? I have the 09 TRD DC Pre Runner 4x2, My tires look a little bit bigger than non TRD package trucks could just be me thou, I don't have money right now for new rims and tires
Old 07-29-2009, 06:55 PM   #7
Notty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud of

Notty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydoow View Post
Your truck looks awesome, One question if I don't have the TSB done to the back should I go for the 2" AAL ? Also thanks for posting your pictures that really helps me out a lot , and I'm sure it will help other people out too. Do you think this set up would look OK with the stock rims and tires? I have the 09 TRD DC Pre Runner 4x2, My tires look a little bit bigger than non TRD package trucks could just be me thou, I don't have money right now for new rims and tires
You could probably do the 2 inch AAL and be good to go. I would try to fight some dealers and get the TSB though on your 09. It's worth it in my opinion, especially for the extra load capacity. With stock rims and tires it will look OK I think. A lot of people do their builds in steps and run stock tires with a lift. You can alwyas upgrade down the road.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:13 PM   #8
ydoow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You could probably do the 2 inch AAL and be good to go. I would try to fight some dealers and get the TSB though on your 09. It's worth it in my opinion, especially for the extra load capacity. With stock rims and tires it will look OK I think. A lot of people do their builds in steps and run stock tires with a lift. You can alwyas upgrade down the road.
What do they exactly do when they do the TSB, is it just an extra leaf spring or do they replace all the stock springs with new ones?
Old 07-29-2009, 08:59 PM   #9

Notty's Tacoma Gallery
It's a fourth leaf added to the rear. Since you have a TRD that's all it is. The non-TRD's get the Bilstein shocks that the TRD trucks have I think.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's a fourth leaf added to the rear. Since you have a TRD that's all it is. The non-TRD's get the Bilstein shocks that the TRD trucks have I think.
The TSB leaf pack is an all new leaf pack. Not an added leaf to the existing pack.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:08 PM   #11

Notty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
The TSB leaf pack is an all new leaf pack. Not an added leaf to the existing pack.
Ahhh, thanks for the correction.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:14 AM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ahhh, thanks for the correction.