Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Icon AAL or Deaver 10 Leaf pack??

View Poll Results: Which one is best over all? Price is no problem.
Icon Add a Leaf 5 27.78%
Deaver 10 Leaf Pack 13 72.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2009, 10:31 PM   #1
Eesh is on a distinguished road
Eesh's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy Icon AAL or Deaver 10 Leaf pack??

Help me out guys I'm a little confused with this. I can't decide between the Icon Add a Leaf and the Deaver 10 Leaf Pack. I want about 2.5 inches of lift. What would you choose, and why? Are the Icon AAL s as good as the Deaver Packs? Will one of them have a little more Payload? Or is there another brand that has a great reputation for leaf springs?? I'm looking for 2.5 inches of lift.
Please Help!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 10:40 PM   #3
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
A full leaf pack will always be better then a aal. They will provide a better ride and/or flex.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:41 PM   #4
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
^^x2, i am not that happy with my deavers, but you are talking a big price diff, allpro leaf pack seems good.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:48 PM   #5
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
All pro states it depends on what you really are going to use your truck for.
* NOTE: These springs are NOT designed for weight carring capability. They are designed for ride quality and flex.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:27 PM   #6
Eesh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
^^x2, i am not that happy with my deavers, but you are talking a big price diff, allpro leaf pack seems good.
Why aren't you happy with your deavers?
Old 07-30-2009, 06:11 AM   #8
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eesh View Post
Why aren't you happy with your deavers?
they have been alot of complaints about people breaking the springs, i have not yet but they are loud and squeky.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:16 AM   #10
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
i'm happy w/ my deavers. they have great ride and flex...but they are noisy. i have heard that if you run some greasble shackels w/ them the get alot quiter but i'd wrather spend the $100 on something else
Old 07-30-2009, 09:57 AM   #11
mpleitez will become famous soon enough
mpleitez's Tacoma Gallery
Donahoe (ICON)

I'm a donahoe whore I'd go with Donahoe that's what I have all around but I'm getting the 3 leaf pack its only $200 on their website
Old 07-30-2009, 10:16 AM   #12
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
technically, both are deavers the icon AAL pack is made by deaver it really depends on your budget the AAL pack is gonna run you around $200 while a whole new pack is more like $600

plus, also factor in the cost of new shocks too
Old 07-30-2009, 12:49 PM   #13
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
i got the icon 3 pack and im loving the ride. no noises at all and rides a whole lot better than stock.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:13 PM   #14
Eesh's Tacoma Gallery
What about Dakars???
Old 07-30-2009, 06:22 PM   #15
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eesh View Post
What about Dakars???
Maybe these minus the 3rd leaf? How much lift would that give? I can't remember if I saw someone do it on here or somewhere else when I googled dakar.