Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Squeak in Alcan DS rear leaf

Old 07-29-2009, 11:39 PM   #1
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Squeak in Alcan DS rear leaf

Got an annoying squeak on every bump or dip in the road. I can re-create it by pushing down on the rear DS corner of the bumper. I've pinned it down to one of the spacers between the springs...any suggestions on what to put on that to stop the squeak? I tried silicone spray, that worked for a while but the squeak came back after about a week...

These are Alcan replacement springs.

Thanks...
Old 07-29-2009, 11:41 PM   #2
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
pressure washer...... or just take out the leafs and clean em real nice and deep like...
Old 07-29-2009, 11:48 PM   #3
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
pressure washer...... or just take out the leafs and clean em real nice and deep like...
Thanks, I'll give the pressure washer a go.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:50 PM   #4
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
it helped for me.... til i went offroading again haha.... just make sure you spray it out reeaallly well!
Old 07-30-2009, 08:19 AM   #5
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
my deavers do the same thing...for me it's the bushings binding up w/ the shackle when the springs are moving. grease em up REALLY good and it will help but prob not go away 100%...look into maybe getting some greasable shackles...i hear that helps
Old 07-30-2009, 10:52 PM   #6

glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
my deavers do the same thing...for me it's the bushings binding up w/ the shackle when the springs are moving. grease em up REALLY good and it will help but prob not go away 100%...look into maybe getting some greasable shackles...i hear that helps
Thanks, but mine's not the shackles. They did squeak at first, and I took them all apart and greased them well. Those squeaks went away. This one is coming from one of the round pads between two of the leaf springs.