Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Voiding warranty

Old 07-31-2009, 09:45 AM   #1
Nick_c10 is on a distinguished road
Nick_c10's Tacoma Gallery
Voiding warranty

If I put billsteins in the front and AAL's in the rear to lift a few inches for larger tires, will that void my warranty?
Old 07-31-2009, 09:49 AM   #2
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
not 100% sure about this but i think it could void warrenty on suspention parts but not your whole truck.

they have to be able to prove your mod made the part needing warrenty replacement caused it to break
Old 07-31-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I think Jason is right.

If you have a problem with an electronic component, then it would still be under warranty. If you have a suspension problem and they can prove it was because of the aftermarket parts, you'll have to pay.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:50 AM   #4
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
i dont believe the suspension parts are warrantied anyways and the only way itll void ur warranty is if the dealer can prove it was those mods that caused the problem
Old 07-31-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
AGENT-X is on a distinguished road

AGENT-X's Tacoma Gallery
What the others have stated is correct, this is part of the Magnuson-Moss act.