LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Broken SAW coil overs

Old 07-31-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
disassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to all
disassemble's Tacoma Gallery
Broken SAW coil overs

As i'm changing my oil and both sway bar end links i notice something... A BROKEN COIL OVER! To be honest, i never even felt any difference! LOL! So I need to come up with a new solution (cheaply) for my 3" front lift.

I have the rear lifted 3" with a 1.5 AAL and a 1.5" shackle... the entire truck has 1.5"Body Lift... so thats okay... but now the front must not even have 2" of lift because of the broken SAW... I need to come up with a new cheap option to replace the front suspension.. I was thinking OME... give me your thoughts.. heres the pics...

Old 07-31-2009, 03:11 PM   #2
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Holy crap dude! What did you do and why are your threads so rusty?

In My opinion, if one went out, the other will probably do the same. Replace them both.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:15 PM   #3
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Just get new coils
Old 07-31-2009, 03:30 PM   #4
disassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost96Romeo View Post
Holy crap dude! What did you do and why are your threads so rusty?

In My opinion, if one went out, the other will probably do the same. Replace them both.
I live in NJ, this is one of the states that uses the most road salt you've ever seeen.

Daily driving.. crazy right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
Just get new coils
sway - a - way is discussing a possible replacement.. they are really nice guys so lets see what happens.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:35 PM   #6
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Just Buy new coils for them and have a shop put them on. Coils on their site are like 80 each so if you do both shocks thats only $160.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:57 PM   #7
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by disassemble View Post
I live in NJ, this is one of the states that uses the most road salt you've ever seeen.

Daily driving.. crazy right.

want my paypal address so you can send me the money? These things are less then 18 months old man...

i guess i will end up getting new ones, or some other option.. maybe the OME? not sure how i'm going to proceed with these... i'm just not happy that these products didn't last longer then 18 months.. not happy at all.
I got Icon's on mine, How much do you want for them? I got a buddy that wants some coilovers
Old 07-31-2009, 04:07 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
I got Icon's on mine, How much do you want for them? I got a buddy that wants some coilovers
not sure if i'm gonna sell them yet, Sway a way is trying to figure out a solution.. lets see what happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnecon2001 View Post
SAW only offered you 40% off? Its a damn broken coil. Is there a warranty on them? That whole thing looks dangerous to drive. I'd tell them you want a new set under warranty.
i just called and they said call monday and we'll figure out a better solution.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:23 PM   #9
Greg Graffin 2016

http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.ph...ht=broken+coil you weren't the first one
Old 07-31-2009, 05:09 PM   #10
Banned
johnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
johnecon2001's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnecon2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by disassemble View Post
not sure if i'm gonna sell them yet, Sway a way is trying to figure out a solution.. lets see what happens

i just called and they said call monday and we'll figure out a better solution.
Good, kinda sounded like you were getting screwed.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:13 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnecon2001 View Post
Good, kinda sounded like you were getting screwed.
well hold your breath then, lets see what happens Monday.