Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Quick TSB Question?

Old 08-02-2009, 12:51 AM   #1
krisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Kris
krisjw101's Tacoma Gallery
Quick TSB Question?

Does all of this TSB stuff I have been reading about apply to the 09's as well? If so does anyone have a link that I could print for the 09 and take to the dealer so I can have it done on my truck as well. Any info would be great, thanks.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:48 AM   #2
Believe
phynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
phynyx38's Tacoma Gallery
Hey check here

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...my-2009-a.html

and here

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...nsion-tsb.html

The second one has the pdf that shows the vin numbers that are eligible for the TSB and the part numbers that can be replaced. So even though you have a 2009, check the vin and part numbers because you may still qualify.

Search and read through what others have done to get the TSB done on their 2009's. Hope this helps.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:32 AM   #3
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
It shows VIN segments- not entire numbers. And I'd be willing to bet that those VIN snippets are the ones that identify the body styles and drive packages that are eligible. The TSB clearly states that it applies to 05-08 trucks...so VIN segment match or not- It doens't apply to a truck that is a '09.

That being said- Have you experienced the problem...or did you just read about it here?? (for my own personal curiosity).

It can't hurt to go to the dealer and say "Harsh Ride/Bottoming out"...Take the TSB and if they tell you there is nothing they can do then show them the part numbers are the same on your truck as the TSB and keep working from there. Calling Toyota corporate is also important- cause they won't update the TSB if people don't complain.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:39 AM   #4
krisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of light
Well i was hauling some sand last week and the ride really sucked. I dont think that it ever bottomed out all the way but it was supper harsh. Then i saw a mod thread that talked about a TSB and had no idea what it was so I tried to find out what it was..... And here i set.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:10 AM   #6
Okay well i will go print TSB and and check the part numbers and then see what I can do. If anyone else has anymore info..... I'd like to know thanks.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisjw101 View Post
Okay well i will go print TSB and and check the part numbers and then see what I can do. If anyone else has anymore info..... I'd like to know thanks.
The info you've gotten so far and the stuff posted on the board is everything. some dealers are doing 09's...Some aren't. Go and ask and go from there.

If you hadn't ever seen this forum or the TSB- You would go in and say "My truck rides horrible with a load in it...I think my springs are bad" and treat it like a warranty repair- Go into it the same way...We might be able to help you a bit more...but not much.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #9
Thanks a lot Mark you have been a great help.