Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

considering swapping to this lift

Old 08-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #1
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
considering swapping to this lift

i currently have a 3" spacer lift, but im considering swapping. first i was thinking the ome complete lift, but i might go with this instead...

-5100's all around, adjustables up front set to 1.75"
-1.5" aal in the rear (dont have the tsb aal done, too late anyway)
-stock trd wheels back on with 265/70/17 bfg a/t

i know this is a smaller lift, but i kind of like the modified stock look. since i dont have the tsb aal done should the 1.5" aal give the the 'stock rake' or even a near level look?

i also think i'm going to take off my light racing uca's, i shouldn't need them with just 1.75" of lift right? let me know what you guys think...
Old 08-03-2009, 08:18 PM   #3
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Set the 5100s at 2.5.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:24 PM   #4
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAP_29 View Post
i love the way your truck looks as it sits now. why do you wanna change it so bad for?
Spacer lifts and good ride quality don't usually go in the same sentence . . .
Old 08-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #5
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
i love the way your truck looks as it sits now. why do you wanna change it so bad for?
i dont want to change it 'bad', but i kind of think the set up i have now looks good but i just want to get the most and longest life out of my truck and i think a 3" lift kind of hinders that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Set the 5100s at 2.5.
why 2.5?
Old 08-03-2009, 08:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Spacer lifts and good ride quality don't usually go in the same sentence . . .
x2! thats why i was considering going with the ome complete lift until i saw a few trucks with the bilstein 5100 at 1.75 with an aal and i liked the way it looked.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:28 PM   #7
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I think it sits a lot more level with an AAL. It does for me at least.

I'm not sure if you're looking for a level ride, or the completely stock look with the nose facing a little bit downward.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:29 PM   #9

yeah i kinda want between stock rake to level look
Old 08-03-2009, 08:29 PM   #10

Plus if you don't like the 2.5, just readjust it.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #11
BAP_29 is a jewel in the roughBAP_29 is a jewel in the roughBAP_29 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ben
BAP_29's Tacoma Gallery
i can understand about the ride quality. but i think the 3 inch lift looks best imo. so i guess i would go with ome
Old 08-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #12
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i can understand about the ride quality. but i think the 3 inch lift looks best imo. so i guess i would go with ome
You can achieve up to 2.5 inches of lift with the Billy's, or you could just put an OME 884 or 885 over an OEM height Billy for 3''.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:38 PM   #13

yeah ill admit a 3" lift does look better than billy's. its pretty much just the burden a lift like that can become (vibrations, worrying about cv joint angles, rough ride, loss in gas mileage, not to mention the extra wear it does to your truck over a long period of time).

dont get me wrong, i love the way my truck looks right now. i get many compliments and its great. but im just THINKING long term. not saying im going to make the move now or even at all, its just an option i have in mind
Old 08-03-2009, 11:03 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad68 View Post
How are those Light Racing upper control arms working out for you?
i like them alot. they fixed my "wandering" problem and aligned to near perfrect specs
Old 08-03-2009, 11:18 PM   #16
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meteoraman2514 View Post
i like them alot. they fixed my "wandering" problem and aligned to near perfrect specs
I need to get something for mine because of camber. The slight wandering I have doesn't bother me. Did those things give you room to run slightly negative camber at 3" of lift? I need to get my camber to zero or for my driving habits preferably a hair negative. I'm a hair positive now I believe.

Gonna take it back and see if they can correct the camber (which i doubt) before I spend the money on arms.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #17
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have the OME 885's on their shocks and the toytec spacer to get 3" with my bumper.....I love it! Rides a ton better than my old spacer lift. I do agree though, a 3" lift wears stuff out. Its already showing on my truck and i have 30000 miles.

Oh, i want your wheels!
Old 08-04-2009, 01:54 AM   #18

i hope i can get away with setting the billy's at 1.75, from what ive read they ride a little stiff at 2.5 and its iffy as to if you need some aftermarket uca's (i have light racings already but still). i would think with a 1.5" aal with not tsb then set the billy's at 1.75 it should set level or even with a slight stock rake look

also, for all you billy owners, what does your cv joint angles look like set at 2.5 or 1.75?
Old 08-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #19

so i "live chatted" johnny from wheelersoffroad.com and he said if i get the 1.5 aal with the billys at 1.75 i should maintain my stock rake look or maybe a little more on the level side. he did tell me to try just the bilstein's at 1.75 first with nothing in the back and see what it does. it may be nose high and it may be level, if its nose high then i can drop it down to .85 or get the aal.

i dont want to set it at 2.5, id like to get to 1.75 but id like to see a level or maybe slight stock rake look. but i want it to look a little bit better than stock height too. so yeah, ill prob have to experiment
Old 08-06-2009, 01:26 AM   #20
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
I started with my billys at 1.75 and no aal in the rear. The truck was perfectly level. When offroading or hauling anything in the bed the rear would bottom out.
So I installed a 1.5" aal and now the rear is slightly higher but still looks good.