Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Help in Salt Lake City

Old 08-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #1
sector5503 is on a distinguished road
sector5503's Tacoma Gallery
Help in Salt Lake City

Hey! I have got a quick question. I am looking to get a 3" lift on my 09 Taco. I live in Salt Lake City UT and I dont know much about installing things on trucks lol. So the question that I have is if anybody knows where I can get a good lift on my truck here in Utah. I went to Les Schwab and the lift they want to give me sucks.... spacer crap lol. And if i buy one they would charge me a arm and a leg to have them put it on. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!
Old 08-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sector5503 View Post
Hey! I have got a quick question. I am looking to get a 3" lift on my 09 Taco. I live in Salt Lake City UT and I dont know much about installing things on trucks lol. So the question that I have is if anybody knows where I can get a good lift on my truck here in Utah. I went to Les Schwab and the lift they want to give me sucks.... spacer crap lol. And if i buy one they would charge me a arm and a leg to have them put it on. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!
I actually ordered all my parts separate and took it to a guy in Tooele that a buddy of mine pointed me out to. This guy owns his own tire shop and does a bunch of lifts for all sorts of trucks. I was also having the same problem finding places that would do my install since I already had all the parts. Most places said they couldn't do it because of liability issues. I just got lucky because a private shop did mine.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #3
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Get a lift that you want. Then take you stock coilover assymbly out ( its easy) and take those and the new stuff to a shop with a spring compressor and have them swap the stuff over, then go home and put it back in. This is only applicable though If you buy a spacer lift (dont do it) or something like the OME lift. If you buy new coilovers then just pay to have them assymbled. The actual truck labor can be done by you.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:31 PM   #4
sector5503 is on a distinguished road
sector5503's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
I actually ordered all my parts separate and took it to a guy in Tooele that a buddy of mine pointed me out to. This guy owns his own tire shop and does a bunch of lifts for all sorts of trucks. I was also having the same problem finding places that would do my install since I already had all the parts. Most places said they couldn't do it because of liability issues. I just got lucky because a private shop did mine.
Do you remember where in Tooele it was that you went to?