Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3" Toytec lift installed!

Old 12-22-2007, 01:11 PM   #1
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Talking 3" Toytec lift installed!

WooHoo! I'm lifted!

I put a before and an after in my gallery, but I'm not sure how to post pics in a thread.

Old 12-22-2007, 01:16 PM   #2
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
awesome charli. but all i see is 2 lil red x's
Old 12-22-2007, 01:55 PM   #3
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
woooo hoooo
*high five charli*

what did you do in the back? spacers or AAL

very happy for ya...
Old 12-22-2007, 02:35 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance
LQQKatmy06 is on a distinguished road

LQQKatmy06's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the HIGH LIFE, coils or spacers.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:50 PM   #5
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys!

Had the TSB done as well, so Toytec said 1 1/2" blocks in the back, and I went with spacers in the front. I love that it actually feels like a truck now rather than a luxury car. Feels alot more like my 2000 did and I missed that.

Rick--sorry about the x's, as I mentioned above, the best I could do was get them into my gallery cuz don't know how to post pics in a thread (when I try I get little red x's! lol!). I figured it was better to have y'all click on the little camera icon on the post rather than not include any pics at all.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:50 AM   #6

charli,
there are a LOT of threads on the tsb... what exactly is that??
Old 12-23-2007, 07:30 AM   #7
Stealer of Souls

Charli's Tacoma Gallery
I actually found out about the TSB here! The info came at a good time since getting the TSB done and installing the lift seemed perfect to get done at the same time at the dealership (I have a friend who works there and set it up). This particular TSB is titled "rear spring harsh ride" and in my case all they had to replace were the rear leaf springs (went from a 3-leaf pack to a 4). I have the TRD Sport, so that's all it needed. Others might get all the shocks replaced with Bilsteins plus the new leafs in back, etc. After I found out about it, I googled the "rear spring harsh ride TSB" and came up with a pdf (12 pages) that told me everything about every model. Basically, with too much weight in the bed, there could be problems with the bed sagging, etc.

Here's the link to Custom Tacos where I found a link to the pdf:

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=296

I've read here that others had to be "tested" to see if their truck had the problem--the dealership put weight in the bed to see if it sagged, etc. while others didn't have to go through that. I guess it depends on the dealer. I assume that I had no problems with anything like that since I went through the friend. Hope I answered the right question!
Old 12-23-2007, 07:49 AM   #8

gotcha...
is that free of charge because it is considered a "defect"
or do you have to pay for it because it is considered an "upgrade"??
Old 12-23-2007, 07:59 AM   #9
Stealer of Souls

Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Its free--not exactly a recall, but sort of admitting that they screwed up by not using strong enough springs!
Old 12-23-2007, 08:24 AM   #10
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
your rig is coming along nicely charli. looks great
Old 12-23-2007, 08:34 AM   #11
Stealer of Souls

Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Rick!