Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Which Lift for My Truck?

View Poll Results: Which Lift?
Bilsteins at 2.5" 16 48.48%
Full 3" Lift (Specify which lift) 17 51.52%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
BAP_29 is a jewel in the roughBAP_29 is a jewel in the roughBAP_29 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ben
BAP_29's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow Which Lift for My Truck?

I have an 05 Prerunner DC Sport that Im thinking about lifting. Im not sure whether I should go with the bilsteins and set them at 2.5 or go ahead and get a full 3 inch lift. I wont be doing any offroading with it, i honestly just love the stance of these trucks lifted. Im only 16, so Im leaning towards the bilsteins since it seems like a cheap but good lift.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:18 AM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
3" from toytec! Choose one!!!
Old 08-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #4
05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
05TRD4WD's Tacoma Gallery
theyre worth it from what ive heard
Old 08-09-2009, 10:50 AM   #5
BAP_29 is a jewel in the roughBAP_29 is a jewel in the roughBAP_29 is a jewel in the rough

BAP_29's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i havnt heard a bad thing about the toytec lifts either. but I just thought you guys would recommend the bilsteins to start out with. Is that extra half inch realy worth all that extra money??
Old 08-09-2009, 10:52 AM   #6
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go Bilsteins. It's at 2.5'', so it's a good chance that you're NOT going to have to buy new UCA's, which are very expensive. Billy's give a nice lift, and are easy on the budget.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:55 AM   #7

BAP_29's Tacoma Gallery
Does anybody have any pics of a side by side shot of a 2.5" bilstein lift next to a 3" lift? Or if anybody has seen both are the differences really noticeable?
Old 08-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #8
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAP_29 View Post
Does anybody have any pics of a side by side shot of a 2.5" bilstein lift next to a 3" lift? Or if anybody has seen both are the differences really noticeable?
It's difference is not very noticeable.

Hold on, I'll find you some pictures.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:21 AM   #11
Reagan/Bush '84

Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
aight thanks colton
No problem! Glad I can help!

Here is a pic of 2.5'' with the Bilsteins. Courtesy of Derekabraham's truck.

And here is one with a 3''. Not much difference, as you can see.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #12
tacotown73 will become famous soon enough

tacotown73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
As far as looks they do look the same... but what about the ride quality. I don't know, but I would imagine the 3" option would produce a much better ride.

If you're just interested in looks and on a shoe string budget, it sounds like the 5100's would be a good route to take. I don't have either so I can't offer any solid advice.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #13

BAP_29's Tacoma Gallery
yeah your right. i didnt think there would be much. I think im deff better off goin with the billys at 2.5" considerin there so much cheaper
Old 08-09-2009, 11:38 AM   #14
saving up
TR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant futureTR3NT has a brilliant future

TR3NT's Tacoma Gallery
go with the bilsteins and save money for other mods. thats what i did and i really like it
Old 08-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #15

BAP_29's Tacoma Gallery
yeah good idea cuz rims and tires are soo much. i may even hold off on the tires cuz i think its the rims and lift that really set off the truck. I think i want the Dick Cepek DC-1 polished rims. I think id rather have those first instead of a/t tires.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:42 AM   #16
Reagan/Bush '84

Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah your right. i didnt think there would be much. I think im deff better off goin with the billys at 2.5" considerin there so much cheaper
Yep, not much difference at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR3NT View Post
go with the bilsteins and save money for other mods. thats what i did and i really like it
X2..
Old 08-10-2009, 05:28 AM   #17
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
No problem! Glad I can help!

Here is a pic of 2.5'' with the Bilsteins. Courtesy of Derekabraham's truck.

The truck pictured above does not have stock wheels or tires. The top truck does. If you are only looking at the wheel well, it is misleading.

I agree that there is not much difference between 2.5 and 3. I'm going with the OME setup and expect 2.5" of lift. That way I can keep my stock UCA's (for now).
Old 08-11-2009, 02:11 PM   #18
Reagan/Bush '84

Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
The truck pictured above does not have stock wheels or tires. The top truck does. If you are only looking at the wheel well, it is misleading.

I agree that there is not much difference between 2.5 and 3. I'm going with the OME setup and expect 2.5" of lift. That way I can keep my stock UCA's (for now).
I thought Derek got 265/75's...
Old 08-11-2009, 07:29 PM   #19

BAP_29's Tacoma Gallery
he does. i checked it on his build. i think i might go with 265/70/17. much cheaper than the 285s