1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME 3" lift kit

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by AZ11, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Aug 9, 2009 at 10:56 PM
    AZ11

AZ11 [OP] I'd rather eat dirt

Member:
    First Name:
    Shaun
    PHX, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner DC/SB TRD Sport
    TRD CAI, TRD Cat back exhaust, OME 885 springs/N140 front struts, Toytec top plate, OME 182 rear struts/Toytec AAL rear, Total Chaos UCA's, Spidertrax wheel spacers, Black Badged, 20% tint in front, 5% in back, Viper two way alarm/remote start, PA15-TOY iPod interface
    Hey guys! i keep on hearing about an Old Man Emu (OME) 3" lift. Is that an actual lift kit that OME makes or is it just a combo of OME struts, OME springs and some top plates (i think Toytec offers this set up). If it IS just shocks/struts + top plates, would the top plate affect the ride or add more stress to other components. I really want to go with Old Man Emu but i'm not sure how to get the 3" i want :confused:. I'd really appreciate any suggestions/answers and thanks in advance!

2. Aug 9, 2009 at 11:07 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    It is an actual lift that combines OME products. You get the 3" from the coils. In order to get the full 3" you are supposed to run the top plates. However I have ran mine without the top plates for almost 10k miles. I can fit my 285/75/16's. Its a great setup.

3. Aug 9, 2009 at 11:14 PM
    AZ11

Member:
    First Name:
    Shaun
    PHX, AZ
    Vehicle:
    TRD CAI, TRD Cat back exhaust, OME 885 springs/N140 front struts, Toytec top plate, OME 182 rear struts/Toytec AAL rear, Total Chaos UCA's, Spidertrax wheel spacers, Black Badged, 20% tint in front, 5% in back, Viper two way alarm/remote start, PA15-TOY iPod interface
    Thanks man! How does it ride? Did you ever have the top plates on? Do the plates cause any issues?

4. Aug 9, 2009 at 11:19 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Rides great! No complaints. I never ran it with the top plates. However I recently bought the top plates to put them on just for the heck of it. But I just sold my whole OME setup because I bought some Fox coilovers.

5. Aug 9, 2009 at 11:22 PM
    AZ11

Member:
    First Name:
    Shaun
    PHX, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Sweet, thanks dude!

6. Aug 9, 2009 at 11:24 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    No worries. Its a great lift. Many people run it! Let us know what you get. :)

7. Aug 9, 2009 at 11:26 PM
    AZ11

Member:
    First Name:
    Shaun
    PHX, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Will do

8. Aug 10, 2009 at 8:52 PM
    PPD934

PPD934 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    06 silver double TRD
    Running bars, tinted window (, TSB mod ,885 coils, OME shocks up front, AAl and procomp 9000 out back, partially debadged/black out the others, weathertech floor mats, grillcraft grill, TRD skid plate
    hey JD did you run the trim pack on your drivers side..... I don;t think I want to run the spacers either........ like to be somewhere between 2.5 and 3 I think

9. Aug 10, 2009 at 8:54 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I run the trim packer on my driver side and I'm within 1/8th of a inch of level in the front and dead level in the back.

I'm adding the spacers to my rig TOMORROW to make sure I clear my new rubber....=)

10. Aug 11, 2009 at 12:58 AM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Yes I ran the trim packer. Truck sat perfect.
    x2 on the trim packer. I can clear 285/75/16's without the top plates.

Products Discussed in

To Top