Notices

OME 3" lift kit

Old 08-09-2009, 10:56 PM   #1
I'd rather eat dirt
AZ11 is on a distinguished road

Name: Shaun
AZ11's Tacoma Gallery
OME 3" lift kit

Hey guys! i keep on hearing about an Old Man Emu (OME) 3" lift. Is that an actual lift kit that OME makes or is it just a combo of OME struts, OME springs and some top plates (i think Toytec offers this set up). If it IS just shocks/struts + top plates, would the top plate affect the ride or add more stress to other components. I really want to go with Old Man Emu but i'm not sure how to get the 3" i want . I'd really appreciate any suggestions/answers and thanks in advance!
Old 08-09-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
It is an actual lift that combines OME products. You get the 3" from the coils. In order to get the full 3" you are supposed to run the top plates. However I have ran mine without the top plates for almost 10k miles. I can fit my 285/75/16's. Its a great setup.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:14 PM   #3
I'd rather eat dirt
AZ11 is on a distinguished road

Name: Shaun
AZ11's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man! How does it ride? Did you ever have the top plates on? Do the plates cause any issues?
Old 08-09-2009, 11:19 PM   #4
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rides great! No complaints. I never ran it with the top plates. However I recently bought the top plates to put them on just for the heck of it. But I just sold my whole OME setup because I bought some Fox coilovers.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:52 PM   #8
PPD934 is on a distinguished road
PPD934's Tacoma Gallery
hey JD did you run the trim pack on your drivers side..... I don;t think I want to run the spacers either........ like to be somewhere between 2.5 and 3 I think
Old 08-11-2009, 12:58 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPD934 View Post
hey JD did you run the trim pack on your drivers side..... I don;t think I want to run the spacers either........ like to be somewhere between 2.5 and 3 I think
Yes I ran the trim packer. Truck sat perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I run the trim packer on my driver side and I'm within 1/8th of a inch of level in the front and dead level in the back.

I'm adding the spacers to my rig TOMORROW to make sure I clear my new rubber....=)
x2 on the trim packer. I can clear 285/75/16's without the top plates.