Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilstein 5125 valving

Old 08-13-2009, 10:28 PM   #1
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-Santa Clara County
Name: Dylan
dylandercole's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5125 valving

evening everyone,

So im getting new shocks for the rear of my truck i have about a 3.5'' lift back there. Im planning on getting the bilstein 5125s that were recommended to me by sonny at downsouth motorsports. He told me to get one with 9.24'' of travel and one with 10.17'' of travel, this is coming from the measurments i gave him where from senter of mount to center of mount my driver side shock was 19'' and my passanger side was 20''. the only thing im wondering about is the valving, I am new to suspension for the most part and wanted to make sure im doing it all right. the 9.24'' travel is 255/70 valving and the 10.27'' travel comes in both 255/70 and 170/60. im assuming that i want both shocks to have the saem valving but i wanted to know if any of you guys had insight into the issue, Thanks.
-Dylan
Old 08-13-2009, 11:04 PM   #2
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure about having different lengths of travel on either side of the rear shocks. That sounds kinda wrong to me. But, I'm sure Sonny at DSM knows what hes talking about. I'd give him a call and get him to provide you with some more info
Old 08-13-2009, 11:37 PM   #3
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-Santa Clara County
Name: Dylan
dylandercole's Tacoma Gallery
well im posotive the measurments i took were right. i even moved my truck to 3 different as flat as possible places to triple check because i wasnt too sure about it either.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:20 AM   #5
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianboy View Post
Not sure about having different lengths of travel on either side of the rear shocks. That sounds kinda wrong to me. But, I'm sure Sonny at DSM knows what hes talking about. I'd give him a call and get him to provide you with some more info

The first gen. Tacos actually use 2 different length shocks for the rear end. His measurements sound on par with where they should be.