Body Roll

Old 08-14-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
mattioss is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
mattioss's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mattioss
Body Roll

Hey Gents,

I feel as though the body roll on my truck is excessive. I know there is no rear sway bar correct? (2008 Double Cab Prerunner) Is there anything that can be done to eliminate some of the body roll? And I will be lifting it 3 inches probably next summer after i finish my monte carlo ss.

Matt
Old 08-14-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
You should have an anti-sway bar unless you removed the OEM equipment. There is always the option of installing an aftermarket sway bar for the rear.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:13 PM   #3
mattioss is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
mattioss's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mattioss
yeah the factory one is there, i was talking about the rear. so there is one that can be installed? is there a website to it?
Old 08-21-2009, 08:35 AM   #4
huntingskeetman is on a distinguished road
huntingskeetman's Tacoma Gallery
You might want to consider the Roadmaster Active Suspension unit on your truck. I'm contemplating getting one for mine before the fall. JC Whitney has them and is now offering free shipping. Below is link about unit.

http://www.activesuspension.com/

Good Luck, Gary
Old 08-21-2009, 08:41 AM   #6
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Having the rear leaf TSB done on my truck reduced my body roll significantly. Like you, I felt it was drifting all over the place stock. Feels MUCH tighter now.

Edit: Roadmaster looks like a nice unit. Might have to look into putting a couple of those on along with my lift when the time comes.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:40 AM   #7
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
Check Hellwig and Addco to see if they offer a swaybar for your application.