Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

i dont know what lift to get

Old 08-16-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
buxton is on a distinguished road
Name: jacob
buxton's Tacoma Gallery
i dont know what lift to get

i have a 2000 tacoma 4x4 i have been looking at lift for a while now and i don know much about them...i really like the toytec ultimate lift but im sure they dont tell everything it looks to good to be true and what does the ome suspension option consist of or which rear lift option is recomended if it is at all possible to do i really want to get 35x12.50 and dick cepek torque 16x10 rims on my truck with the toytec ultimate lift so if 35s can be put on with the 3 inches please tell me how

ps. can the 2inch leveling kit be on with the lift kit
Old 08-17-2009, 08:28 AM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
1st, what's your budget? 2nd, why are you getting a lift? Looks, mudding, crawling, trails? Check the link below for different lift options pros/cons.

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=137
Old 08-17-2009, 08:37 AM   #3
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
35's wont fit with only a 3 inch lift...you need to go 6" for that.
yes the toytec lift is good, ome is good too...its all gonna depend on what you can spend
Old 08-17-2009, 03:14 PM   #4
buxton's Tacoma Gallery
i can spend whatever i want its my graduation present.... the reason is for both i want it to look really good and it doesnt have to be amazing in the mud but i want it to krawl good to
Old 08-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #5
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
In my opinion, forget the 35's on a Tacoma. Those tires are way too big for the truck. Get a really good 3" lift and some 33"s are you will be set. Look into Fox or Icon for really good coilovers and components
Old 08-18-2009, 04:09 PM   #6
Banned
bermise will become famous soon enough
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
+1 on getting the Fox or Icon coilovers. But if you can spend whatever you want then get the Camburg or Total Chaos long travel kit.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:48 PM   #7
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bermise View Post
+1 on getting the Fox or Icon coilovers. But if you can spend whatever you want then get the Camburg or Total Chaos long travel kit.
YES! CO's are great but if you can score a LT set up...OMG i could only wish that was my grad present way back when
Old 08-18-2009, 06:28 PM   #8
buxton's Tacoma Gallery
Guys yall are killin me ha ha i don know what half this stuff is and im not installin it cause i couldn to save my life i jus know what product websites say i live in a little country town in south mississippi where on a big truck you get fabtech and on a toyota you get skyjacker so can yall break this stuff down for me and where to buy it i can get it installed at a suspension shop in mobile alabama that i know of but im lost as far as this long travel stuff goes and different brand suspension products bein put on all together ha ha sorry...... whats the chances any of yall have any clue how to get some sure power out of that 3.4 V6
Old 08-18-2009, 08:52 PM   #9
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
for top of the line go with icon
http://www.iconvehicledynamics.org/c...roducts_id=190

or you can go with the OME set up or the toytec ultimate lift
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...d=63&Itemid=72

if you want to jump some shit and be a bad mother fucker get a long travel set up
http://camburg.com/tacomaP.html
Old 08-19-2009, 01:34 PM   #10
buxton's Tacoma Gallery
sorry for bein a dumbass but on that icon stage 2 lift it says clearance for 33s but it says the leaf springs are for 1.5 inches am i jus not understanding it right or is it 3 in the front and 1.5 inches in the back
Old 08-19-2009, 01:39 PM   #11
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by buxton View Post
sorry for bein a dumbass but on that icon stage 2 lift it says clearance for 33s but it says the leaf springs are for 1.5 inches am i jus not understanding it right or is it 3 in the front and 1.5 inches in the back
the add a leaf pack is for the rear leaf springs and will give you 1.5 in lift in the back

the front coilover can be adjusted to give close to a 3 in lift only if you are 2WD but it will be a rough and harsh ride. you wont want to crank them down that far

EDIT: just noticed you are 4WD so you will be limited as to how far you can crank the CO's down to give you more lift cause too much will put alot of stress on your CV's and that is bad you can fit 285's on there just fine w/out having the max 3 in lift height
Old 08-19-2009, 01:48 PM   #12
buxton's Tacoma Gallery
im tryin to get 3 inches front back but im guessin that aint possible to do to get a good ride cause seems all lift kits only give you 3 inches if you max out the co
Old 08-19-2009, 03:41 PM   #13
Banned
bermise will become famous soon enough
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
if you want to jump some shit and be a bad mother fucker get a long travel set up
http://camburg.com/tacomaP.html

Don't forget about the good folks at Total Chaos.
http://www.chaosfab.com/