Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

So I'm going to lift my truck, but I have some questions first...

Old 12-31-2007, 02:17 PM   #1
Higgins
ahigginsdeca is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
ahigginsdeca's Tacoma Gallery
Question So I'm going to lift my truck, but I have some questions first...

I have an '08 double cab short bed TRD Off Road and I want to put a 3" suspension lift on with 33's. Anyway, here are my questions:

Will all of this affect my power and if so, what can I do to get some of it back?

Will the 33's rub?

Any suggestions for the lift? (I'm kinda on a budget)
Old 01-01-2008, 02:18 AM   #2
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
1. yes, it will slow you down a little. your bigger, heavier tires will slow down you take off. as for getting it back, don't know.

2. yeah, 33's will rub a little, but you can use a dremel or some band cutters (heavy duty siccors) and cut away some of the cheap flemsy plastic wheel well and they won't rub anymore.

3. i got a toytec lift and i love it. 3" in the front and i think about 2" in the back, something like that. price of the spacer blocks for the front and AAL (add a leaf) in the back was about $230 and if you do all the work yourself the instillation is free
Old 01-01-2008, 04:39 PM   #3
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
  1. I noticed a bit of torque loss when I put 285's on (32.8"), but with 42k on the truck I don't notice it anymore. I can cruise hills in 6th that the truck didn't really like for the first few 1,000 miles after I first got it.
  2. my 285/75 16's are 32.8" tall and only rub the UCA when turning lock to lock. I offroad, stuff the tires, and have never trimmed anything. The tires have about 1/4" clearance between the UCA so after market wheels or spacers would fix that. I'm running the stock alloys.
  3. Toytec spacer/AAL lift is around $200. Perfect for streets, but kinda harsh off roading or hitting bumps. I'll probably swap to an OME coil/shock setup and some Dakar leafs for the rear......when money comes in!
Old 01-05-2008, 12:12 PM   #4
Soul is on a distinguished road

Soul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
  1. I noticed a bit of torque loss when I put 285's on (32.8"), but with 42k on the truck I don't notice it anymore. I can cruise hills in 6th that the truck didn't really like for the first few 1,000 miles after I first got it.
  2. my 285/75 16's are 32.8" tall and only rub the UCA when turning lock to lock. I offroad, stuff the tires, and have never trimmed anything. The tires have about 1/4" clearance between the UCA so after market wheels or spacers would fix that. I'm running the stock alloys.
  3. Toytec spacer/AAL lift is around $200. Perfect for streets, but kinda harsh off roading or hitting bumps. I'll probably swap to an OME coil/shock setup and some Dakar leafs for the rear......when money comes in!
I'm planning on getting a lift soon! Pierced tiger may I ask what kind of tires you have? MT? AT?