1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

So I'm going to lift my truck, but I have some questions first...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ahigginsdeca, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Dec 31, 2007 at 1:17 PM
    ahigginsdeca

ahigginsdeca [OP] Higgins

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD shortbed
    3" Revtek Suspension Lift with a rear aal, 285/70/17 Pro Comp Xtreme M/T & Pro Comp Extreme Alloy 7189 wheels, magna flow exhaust, CB with dual antennas, AFE Cold Air Intake, CB Radio with dual antennas and a bull horn
    I have an '08 double cab short bed TRD Off Road and I want to put a 3" suspension lift on with 33's. Anyway, here are my questions:

Will all of this affect my power and if so, what can I do to get some of it back?

Will the 33's rub?

Any suggestions for the lift? (I'm kinda on a budget)

2. Jan 1, 2008 at 1:18 AM
    L_Jackson

L_Jackson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black Sand Pearl PreRunner Acce
    Tinted Windows, Tow Hitch, 3" Toytec Lift, American Racing Outlaw II Wheels, Cooper Discoverer 33's, Aries Bull Bar w/ (2) 5" Lights, Nerf Bars, Fog Lights as DTR Lights, Roll Bar w/ (4) 5" Lights, Sony Speakers, 2 Extra Tie Downs
    1. yes, it will slow you down a little. your bigger, heavier tires will slow down you take off. as for getting it back, don't know.

2. yeah, 33's will rub a little, but you can use a dremel or some band cutters (heavy duty siccors) and cut away some of the cheap flemsy plastic wheel well and they won't rub anymore.

3. i got a toytec lift and i love it. 3" in the front and i think about 2" in the back, something like that. price of the spacer blocks for the front and AAL (add a leaf) in the back was about $230 and if you do all the work yourself the instillation is free :)

3. Jan 1, 2008 at 3:39 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    1. I noticed a bit of torque loss when I put 285's on (32.8"), but with 42k on the truck I don't notice it anymore. I can cruise hills in 6th that the truck didn't really like for the first few 1,000 miles after I first got it.
    2. my 285/75 16's are 32.8" tall and only rub the UCA when turning lock to lock. I offroad, stuff the tires, and have never trimmed anything. The tires have about 1/4" clearance between the UCA so after market wheels or spacers would fix that. I'm running the stock alloys.
    3. Toytec spacer/AAL lift is around $200. Perfect for streets, but kinda harsh off roading or hitting bumps. I'll probably swap to an OME coil/shock setup and some Dakar leafs for the rear......when money comes in! :laugh:

4. Jan 5, 2008 at 11:12 AM
    Soul

Soul Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 Black
    I'm planning on getting a lift soon! Pierced tiger may I ask what kind of tires you have? MT? AT?

5. Jan 5, 2008 at 11:29 AM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft

Products Discussed in

To Top