Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

First thing that annoyed me

Old 08-19-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
First thing that annoyed me

Okay in the last week my rear leafs and/or shackles are squeaking like you canít even imagine! Even my own weight (about 160) getting out of the truck makes the horrible noise.... I jacked the truck up to relive pressure on the leafs and greased them... no good so this leaves me to believe my problem is in the shackles... any advice on what to do?? Should I take the bolts out of the shackles and grease them?? Itís making my taco look bad!
Thanks!

P.S. Come on Chris I know you got some advice!
Old 08-19-2009, 06:51 PM   #2
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
mine does the same thing, sorry no help from me
Old 08-19-2009, 06:52 PM   #3
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
My truck does this...Ive gotten used to it but I did notice that after time I drove for 100+ miles that it didnt do it for a while...not sure if its relevent
Old 08-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #4
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
white lythium grease can be your best friend
Old 08-19-2009, 06:58 PM   #5
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
power wash then spray white lithium grease from auto zone like fireturk41 said. just got dirt between the leafs thats all
Old 08-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
rutherk1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rutherk1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
white lythium grease can be your best friend
And her friend.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:00 PM   #7
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteoraman2514 View Post
power wash then spray white lithium grease from auto zone like fireturk41 said. just got dirt between the leafs thats all
I cleaned and greased the leafs already
Old 08-19-2009, 07:04 PM   #8
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Greg is still alive!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 07:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
Greg is still alive!!!
HELL YEAH!!! im back in school
Old 08-19-2009, 07:05 PM   #10
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
Quote:
Originally Posted by -TRDMAN- View Post
just pressure was the hell out of them, its dirt dust and muck built up on em, then soak with white lythium grease, do the same for shackles, thats the only solution and you will have to repeat, as long as it has leafs in the rear it will squeak
Old 08-19-2009, 07:07 PM   #11
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
HELL YEAH!!! im back in school

dont be a stranger bro!

how are you and the lil lady?
Old 08-19-2009, 07:09 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
just pressure was the hell out of them, its dirt dust and muck built up on em, then soak with white lythium grease, do the same for shackles, thats the only solution and you will have to repeat, as long as it has leafs in the rear it will squeak
I will get them nice and clean this weekend..... my two other trucks never sqeaked though and well.....

they really got used lol
Old 08-20-2009, 09:41 AM   #14
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Please try this.

Use a large flat head screwdriver and wedge it between two leafs. Pry them apart so that there is about 1/4 inch space between the top leaf and the friction pad on the leaf below it. Spray some Silicone Lube (with teflon) on the friction pad. Because there is a gap the spray should be able to cover the entire pad. Do this on all of the friction pads (front and rear, left and right).
Old 08-20-2009, 09:53 AM   #15
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....
bwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Corporal MACS-2
Name: Ben
bwood_usmc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by db67fm View Post
Please try this.

Use a large flat head screwdriver and wedge it between two leafs. Pry them apart so that there is about 1/4 inch space between the top leaf and the friction pad on the leaf below it. Spray some Silicone Lube (with teflon) on the friction pad. Because there is a gap the spray should be able to cover the entire pad. Do this on all of the friction pads (front and rear, left and right).

This is what i did about 3 days ago and has worked like a charm so far... i used liquid wrench lubricating spary.... i also pressure wash them real good....
Old 08-20-2009, 11:22 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by db67fm View Post
Please try this.

Sounds good... im gonna get the old taco on the lift and change the oil and solve this problem!
Old 08-23-2009, 11:46 PM   #17
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwood_usmc View Post
This is what i did about 3 days ago and has worked like a charm so far... i used liquid wrench lubricating spary.... i also pressure wash them real good....
I am not sure how long the Liquid Wrench will last. I was told to use the Silicone Lube because it does not attract dust and dirt.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:58 PM   #18
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
My old pre-TSB pack squeaked like a sumbitch for a few days until i got over annoyed and took a good close look. Turned out one of the anti friction pads had come loose and almost fallen out. I pryed apart the leaves enough to re position it, but it still squeaked. Next I cleaned em up real good, then once they dried out for a day, I drenched them with some PB penetrating lube a couple times and they never did it again.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:16 PM   #19
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
My old pre-TSB pack squeaked like a sumbitch for a few days until i got over annoyed and took a good close look. Turned out one of the anti friction pads had come loose and almost fallen out. I pryed apart the leaves enough to re position it, but it still squeaked. Next I cleaned em up real good, then once they dried out for a day, I drenched them with some PB penetrating lube a couple times and they never did it again.
Did you remove the leaf for this? I'm gonna have to do something about mine this week, they're driving me nuts.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:23 PM   #20
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
Take the shackles apart, put anti seize on the bolt so the sleeve doesn't rust to it, than use a thick grease (I use bobcat grease, same stuff as tractors) and coat it. When you install it and the grease is oozing out the sides, you know you're all set. If it's still squeaking, than look elsewhere.