Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

TRUXX brand lift kits

Old 01-01-2008, 05:08 AM   #1
ellsworth is on a distinguished road
ellsworth's Tacoma Gallery
Question TRUXX brand lift kits

Anyone use the truxx brand kit? it mounts above the spring mount and does not achieve its lift from adding spring preload which they claim maintains the stock manners of the truck...Any input please.....I want a small lift for 33's on aftmkt wheels........
Old 01-01-2008, 04:30 PM   #2
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Got a link to it or the price?

I'd be concerned that something above the spring would be a point of weakness if the just use longer bolts. If the use the stock bolts and then another set at the top of the spacer it might be better. I don't know... that's 2 places for the suspension to twist and snap.

Think about it this way. If you want to support the floor in your house do you stack 2 boards end to end or get one solid longer piece?

How big is the lift anyway? Something small, say 1", might be ok. I would hesitate to do a 3" lift like that...
Old 01-01-2008, 05:37 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Got a link to it or the price?

I'd be concerned that something above the spring would be a point of weakness if the just use longer bolts. If the use the stock bolts and then another set at the top of the spacer it might be better. I don't know... that's 2 places for the suspension to twist and snap.

Think about it this way. If you want to support the floor in your house do you stack 2 boards end to end or get one solid longer piece?

How big is the lift anyway? Something small, say 1", might be ok. I would hesitate to do a 3" lift like that...
how much front lift did you achieve from the toytec leveling kit?
Old 01-01-2008, 06:20 PM   #4
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
It was the full 3" lift kit. I got around 4 inches in the front and 3.5 in the rear. About an inch more than advertised. Not sure if it's dropped since then. I haven't measured it again since it's been on almost 2 years.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:05 PM   #5
E131198 is on a distinguished road
E131198's Tacoma Gallery
So, Do You Like The 3" Truxx Lift Kit? I'm Thinking Of Getting That For My Tacoma. I Believe We Have The Same Taste In Style We Are Looking At.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:40 AM   #6
truxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by E131198 View Post
So, Do You Like The 3" Truxx Lift Kit? I'm Thinking Of Getting That For My Tacoma. I Believe We Have The Same Taste In Style We Are Looking At.
gained about 3.5" in front and 2" in rear...sits level...still trying to choose a tire and rim package...
Old 04-13-2008, 12:33 PM   #7
Toyota Alec is on a distinguished road
Toyota Alec's Tacoma Gallery
Just get Icon i have never heard anyone complain about their icon lift.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:16 PM   #8
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Alec View Post
Just get Icon i have never heard anyone complain about their icon lift.
Icon makes a hell of a good product, but they are very costly.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:30 PM   #9
Toyota Alec is on a distinguished road
Toyota Alec's Tacoma Gallery
how much is the truxx kit? the Icon for front rear and UCA is only 2000 i think