Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

suspension change

Old 08-20-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
wkbrd449 is on a distinguished road
wkbrd449's Tacoma Gallery
suspension change

I bought my tacoma with a 2in lift but the front was lower then the back probably because of the aal. I took it to the shop and they were able to lift the front 2in with the existing lift kit which is an icon kit. Now my truck is more level and looks better but i noticed it takes speed bumps/humps more roughly. Do anyone know why this could be? Is it bad?
Old 08-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
from my experience coilovers are not meant to be a lifting factor,dont raise it more than expected height and thats where you get the rougher ride in time you will cause stress to the internals, in my case thats what happened to mine my coilovers they were shot because they were lifted beyond their max, and i took the previous owners word that they were still good and did not need a rebuild, but how long have the icons been on?
Old 08-20-2009, 04:25 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
The higher you crank your coilovers (I'm assuming that's what you have) the rougher the ride will be.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:04 AM   #4
wkbrd449 is on a distinguished road
wkbrd449's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
from my experience coilovers are not meant to be a lifting factor,dont raise it more than expected height and thats where you get the rougher ride in time you will cause stress to the internals, in my case thats what happened to mine my coilovers they were shot because they were lifted beyond their max, and i took the previous owners word that they were still good and did not need a rebuild, but how long have the icons been on?
the truck is just about a year the mechanic said as long as part of the axil that the wheels are attached to isn't at to steep of an angle the its ok, theyre at about a15 or 20 degree, should i get it lowered