Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift kit was installed by a dealership

Old 08-20-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
Firsttaco is on a distinguished road

Firsttaco's Tacoma Gallery
Lift kit was installed by a dealership

Hi, I just bought my first tacoma in january and got a 3" revtech lift kit installed in my truck. Its a 2009 trd 4 door. I didnt know much at all about these trucks getting a lift when i bought it and i have found some topics on TW that have me thinking did they do a good job. After they were done the install i asked for all the old parts they took of my truck. they said that there werent any. It seemed kind of weird after how much i had to pay for it. I looked at my truck and its just blocks all the way around. I was wondering if any one can help me and tell me what they did other than blocks if anything and if i should be taking it back and getting more stuff done to it. It rides fine on the highway and everything seems ok but i dont think they put UCA or any thing that people are saying you need. Any help would be very apreciated.
Thanks.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
Improvise Adapt Overcome
stampaid4 is on a distinguished road

stampaid4's Tacoma Gallery
mine has the same lift...they put a 2.5" spacer on the front coils and a 1.5'' block on the back. about a $400 dollar lift that they probably charged you $2000 for....
Old 08-20-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 08-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
Firsttaco is on a distinguished road

Firsttaco's Tacoma Gallery
yah they charged me 3000. Ouch o well live and learn. But then everything is ok then?
Old 08-20-2009, 05:37 PM   #5
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
really? $3000?!?!?
Old 08-20-2009, 05:39 PM   #6
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 08-20-2009, 06:00 PM   #7
shootermcgavinyo is on a distinguished road
shootermcgavinyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firsttaco View Post
yah they charged me 3000. Ouch o well live and learn. But then everything is ok then?
If you got charged $3000 for a 3" spacer lift you were royally screwed.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:04 PM   #8
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
i got my spacer and aal for 250 they royally screwed you in deh butt
Old 08-20-2009, 06:36 PM   #9
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe take some pics so we all know what kind of lift you have. But then again, for $3K you could have gotten maybe an LT kit and lifetime oil changes at the $tealership.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #10
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
if infact it is just a spacer lift and they did charge you 3k... you might want to go back to the dealer and demand some money back and look at the prices on the invoice and see if they match up with other prices.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:19 PM   #11
duke598 is on a distinguished road

duke598's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firsttaco View Post
Hi, I just bought my first tacoma in january and got a 3" revtech lift kit installed in my truck. Its a 2009 trd 4 door. I didnt know much at all about these trucks getting a lift when i bought it and i have found some topics on TW that have me thinking did they do a good job. After they were done the install i asked for all the old parts they took of my truck. they said that there werent any. It seemed kind of weird after how much i had to pay for it. I looked at my truck and its just blocks all the way around. I was wondering if any one can help me and tell me what they did other than blocks if anything and if i should be taking it back and getting more stuff done to it. It rides fine on the highway and everything seems ok but i dont think they put UCA or any thing that people are saying you need. Any help would be very apreciated.
Thanks.
Let's see some pics!
Old 08-20-2009, 07:28 PM   #13
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Wow...Yeah...That is about the steepest spacer lift I've ever heard of.

I'm not sure if I want to shake that dealers hand for having such huge balls....or tell his grandmomma so she can paddle his ass.

If it is jsut a spacer lift there probably are no "left overs" from it...and if you aren't having any issues with funky tire wear, straight driving, funny noises, or other unexplained driveline issues- I wouldn't worry about adding anything right now....
Old 08-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #14

Did you at least get new tires and wheels for the extra cash?
Old 08-20-2009, 07:58 PM   #15
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
please, oh please for the love of all things righteous and holy tell me you put an extra 0 on there by mistake. if you paid $3000 for a spacer lift, you got screwed soo bad

do you realize what 3k could get you in terms of a lift, wheels, and tires?
Old 08-20-2009, 08:01 PM   #16
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Holy cow!
Old 08-20-2009, 08:17 PM   #17
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....
bwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Corporal MACS-2
Name: Ben
bwood_usmc's Tacoma Gallery
.... i think i got charged $350 for my lift....... sry dude that sucks
Old 08-20-2009, 09:49 PM   #18

Whats done is done...Lets not beat anyone over this, and instead, try to help with any questions.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:02 PM   #19
The G stands for smooth
Gsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GG
Gsquare's Tacoma Gallery
Naaah, Firsttaco must have made a typo. No doubt he meant 300.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:08 PM   #20
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
I think he is talking $3000 Canadian dollars which would be about $8.00 in the US of A.

So this dude got an awesome deal!