Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

question about leaf springs on 07 pre runner

Old 08-20-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
Deanthemachine is on a distinguished road
Deanthemachine's Tacoma Gallery
question about leaf springs on 07 pre runner

me and my friend got in a debate on how to make the back of my truck absorb harsh bumps a little better using what I already have. he suggested taking the trailing leaf as he called it out of both the leaf springs. I believe he was referring to the very bottom short leafs. would this do any difference?? would it cause do any damage to the rear shocks? please don't be too harsh on me as I am new to the taco world and am just starting out in learning about my new truck. thanks for the input
Old 08-20-2009, 06:40 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Shock absorbers absorb the shocks from the road, thus the name shock absorbers. The leaf packs help to take the burden of the load in the truck bed, they have nothing to do with shock absorption. They help the truck from bottoming out when you have a load on the bed.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:17 AM   #3
Deanthemachine is on a distinguished road
Deanthemachine's Tacoma Gallery
I see. thanks for that lesson. I don't really take big loads in my truck. Ima take it out tomorrow and see if it does anything when hitting bumps
Old 08-23-2009, 06:30 AM   #4
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanthemachine View Post
I see. thanks for that lesson. I don't really take big loads in my truck. Ima take it out tomorrow and see if it does anything when hitting bumps
The bottom leaf in these Toyota leaf packs is an overload leaf...so it may feel a little bit softer but for the most part.

Taking bumps at an appropriate speed for their size and having well maintained tires and suspension will fix the harshness just as much...
Old 08-23-2009, 06:40 AM   #5
Mr. T is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Mr. T's Tacoma Gallery
Brunes is right. Removing the load leaf probably won't make a big difference. Try getting a softer shock or even a variable ride shock. I think Rancho makes a shock that you can adjust to suit whatever you are doing from trail riding to daily commuting.