Notices

TSB AFTER 3" Toytec lift

Old 01-02-2008, 06:29 PM   #1
Conservative
Motorkopf is on a distinguished road

Marines: 3002
Motorkopf's Tacoma Gallery
TSB AFTER 3" Toytec lift

Just had the suspension TSB done after I had already installed a Toytec 3" lift. Was worried that the dealer might have a problem doing the TSB with the spacers installed- but they had no problem whatsoever. I did the 1" block in the rear vice the add-a-leaf since I had planned on getting the TSB done. Looks great! Very happy with the service at Valley Hi Toyota in Victorville.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:38 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i think i'm gonna put a 1" block in the rear of mine as well. i've got the tsb done and the 2.5" leveling spacer and my front is slightly higher than the rear. i put a 3" spacer in there and it was WAY overkill
Old 01-03-2008, 05:25 PM   #3
Conservative

With the TSB, 3" lift in the front, and the 1" block in the rear, the rear is slightly higher than the front. I'd say it's comparable to the stock tilt but I haven't measured it. Before I did the TSB (just the 3" in the front and 1" block in the rear), the truck was level.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:21 PM   #4
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorkopf View Post
Just had the suspension TSB done after I had already installed a Toytec 3" lift. Was worried that the dealer might have a problem doing the TSB with the spacers installed- but they had no problem whatsoever. I did the 1" block in the rear vice the add-a-leaf since I had planned on getting the TSB done. Looks great! Very happy with the service at Valley Hi Toyota in Victorville.
thats great they reinstalled your lift w/tsb. im sure it looks sweet. PICSSS !!
Old 01-08-2008, 04:16 PM   #5
Conservative

I'll try to post some. I'm really happy with it and I think the height is perfect now- wouldn't want to go any higher. Now I just need some steps and I'm thinking 32" tires when the stock tires are done.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:26 PM   #6
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
motor,
i hope you stay happy longer than me!!!! i LOVED my 3" lift when i first got it a couple months ago, and don't get me wrong, i still do, just wish now i had did 6" with 35's...

i couldnt tho, i think it would be too much $ i got my 3" lift for about $230 and did the work myself, not sure how much a 6" is but i know it's more than what i paid!!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:12 PM   #7
Conservative

Thanks L. I'm sure I'll be satisfied for years to come with the 3" lift. I paid about the same, but honestly I don't think I would have gotten a 6" lift even if it were as cheap. I think the extreme lifts like that are both impractical and excessive, not to mention kind of obnoxious! Seems like they're "compensating" for something- not to offend anyone!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:19 PM   #8
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha i've heard that "compisation" comment from a few people.

your probly right, i think it's one of those "grass is greener" type things... going down the road they give you the "man look at that!!!!" sensation, but for me, 3" is probly plenty.....

i bought my truck 2 weeks before i got a new job and company car, so it is a sit in the driveway fun truck..... so nothing i do is pratical, all for show, looks, and fun
Old 01-08-2008, 09:27 PM   #9
Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
thats great they reinstalled your lift w/tsb. im sure it looks sweet. PICSSS !!
Here ya go:

Old 01-09-2008, 10:17 PM   #11
Conservative

Thanks. I'm very happy with it.