1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New "Alcan" leaf packs installed today

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 08beachtoy, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Aug 22, 2009 at 7:43 PM
    08beachtoy

08beachtoy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    08' reg cab 4x4 2.7ltr 5 spd
    Sony cd player /ipod , small amp, bed mat from Dee Zee , A.R.E. custom cap with yakima racks, weather gaurd floor mats , oem fog lights ,oem DRL mod, class III hitch ,custom bed mounted power inverter, tinted windows 5 % all around, oem hood protector /bugshield , avs door visors ,wet okole seat covers , Train air horn
    I have an 08 reg cab with an A.R.E. cap the stance of the truck was lower in the back after adding the truck cap. Its been driving me crazy and forget towing a boat the truck would sit very low in the back and look silly . I called toytec and they recommended "Alcan " add a leaf or custom leaf packs. I carry weight on a regular basis and tow boats occasionally so I opted for the custom leaf packs .I installed them today and man I love them they did exactly what I wanted it took the truck back to stock height with up to 500lbs in the bed .The truck rides the way it should now and hopefully I wont be hitting the bump stops all the time now on the beach . So far I am 100% satisfied with the new leaf packs and the way the truck rides with them ! Thanks to Alcan spring and toytec I now have the toyota that I always wanted with a decent suspension in the rear .

2. Aug 22, 2009 at 11:09 PM
    j1999t

j1999t Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    traded it in
    how much did it cost? and how long did it take to get?

thanks

im thinking of getting a set

3. Aug 23, 2009 at 6:23 AM
    08beachtoy

08beachtoy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    08' reg cab 4x4 2.7ltr 5 spd
    Sony cd player /ipod , small amp, bed mat from Dee Zee , A.R.E. custom cap with yakima racks, weather gaurd floor mats , oem fog lights ,oem DRL mod, class III hitch ,custom bed mounted power inverter, tinted windows 5 % all around, oem hood protector /bugshield , avs door visors ,wet okole seat covers , Train air horn
    They were $650 shipped and took about three weeks to get. It took me about two hours to do the install .It was pretty simple. The hardest part is breaking the bolts loose, you will need a big breaker bar, a good air gun ,and a couple of jacks to raise and lower the truck and the axle .I would think if you contact Alcan directly [FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica](888) 321-0870 [/FONT]they would probably be cheaper than 650 Toytec simply drop shipped them and probably made 50 bucks or so off me .

4. Aug 23, 2009 at 8:34 AM
    tacotown73

tacotown73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Here is a link to the Alcan website.

http://www.alcanspring.com/

If you go to Alcan directly, you are looking at ~$500 (depending on your needs) for the set plus shipping. Alcan is located in Grand Junction, Colorado. They do offer free quotes and will make the springs specific to your needs (i.e. towing, offroading, etc.).

I don't own a set, but I've been seriously considering them.

Products Discussed in

To Top