1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bilstein 5100 from DownSouth MotorSports

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by LostRebel, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Aug 24, 2009 at 9:40 PM
    LostRebel

LostRebel [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Almost Canada, USA
    Vehicle:
    Black Access Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Fisher plow, BakFlip and Snugtop cap, Demello Sliders, Scanguage,
    I finally pulled the trigger and got serious about getting the parts together for a modest lift to accommodate some BFGs. TW made my parts and vendor choices pretty easy.

I ordered Bilstein 5100s from Downsouth MotorSports. As others have said, Sonny is pretty awesome to do business with and he has the best prices out there. I had my Billies in five days. Pretty good time considering he had to ship them over 2800 miles!

[​IMG]

I also received my ToyTec front 1/4 spacer. Nuebs arranged a discount - enough to upgrade the shipping from UPS ground to Priority Mail - and I picked up the spacer at the Post Office the same day the 5100s arrived. I don't know how long it took for the spacer to ship as I don't check my mail very often.

I haven't decided on wheels yet, but I'm close. I'm planning to do the lift, wheels and alignment at the same time. In the meantime, the 5100s and the spacer are resting on my wife's dining room floor. Surprisingly, she hasn't bitched yet, and that's driving me crazy.

Thanks DownSouth MotorSports, thanks ToyTec Lifts, thanks Neubs, and thanks TW and all its knowledgeable members, for leading me in the right direction!

2. Aug 24, 2009 at 9:42 PM
    thekidcatcher

thekidcatcher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    Legs- --Helo rims --KM3 285/75/R16 --Bilstein 5100 in front with OME 886 --Dakar with extra leaf --Total Chaos UCA's --5165's Bilstein in the rear Electronics- --Warn M8000 w/ Warn wirless remote --Cobra 29LTD CB, --12in sub with alpine amp , --Dual Battery, --Warn Air compressor --URD MAF sensor, --touchscreen cd player hooked up to front and rear cameras Armor- --All-Pro offroad front/rear/rocksliders --AP skid plate, diff armor Cajones- --JBA headers, midpipe, exhaust --Safari Snorkel --4.56s ECGS Misc- highlift jack --UWS toolbox --u bolt flip kit --Tepui Kukenam Custom- --in dash inverter --on-board shower system --dvd anytime mod --custom bed rack and tiregate.
    Sound awesome man. Ya, Sonny is a really good guy, they forgot to send me the mounting hardware with one of my 5100's. I called them as soon as I noticed it and I had a package the next day with everything i needed, free of charge:D.

3. Aug 29, 2009 at 7:55 PM
    FloridaFeMan

FloridaFeMan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southwest Florida
    Vehicle:
    '10 FJ Cruiser 4x4, '09 Tacoma TRD DC Sport
    I have to agree with you on Sonny. Talked to him twice today with various questions and he spent quite a bit of time with me on the phone going over stuff with me and encouraged me to call back anytime. He was more than helpful. A+ for customer service and his prices aren't too shabby either.

4. Aug 29, 2009 at 7:57 PM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    sounds good. what do you plan on setting the bilsteins at?

Products Discussed in

To Top