Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

new lift

Old 08-25-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
happyb has a spectacular aura abouthappyb has a spectacular aura about
Name: Brandon
happyb's Tacoma Gallery
new lift

i currently have 884s, tc ucas and add a leaf with 5100s on all corners on the truck now. i am going to upgrade to icons and csmburg spindles up front, but unsure about the back. i plan to have icons cranked up about 2" so how much would i need from the back? i was gonna run blocks until i can save up for all pro leafs. thanks
Old 08-25-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
shockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to all
Name: Dustin
shockittillyareconizeit's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure. Good question cuz i'm gonna be getting the camburg spindles also. So, anyone? Rear jackup stuff?
Old 08-25-2009, 11:10 PM   #3
GOT INK?????
Inked Tacoma is a jewel in the roughInked Tacoma is a jewel in the roughInked Tacoma is a jewel in the roughInked Tacoma is a jewel in the rough

Name: J$
Inked Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyb View Post
i currently have 884s, tc ucas and add a leaf with 5100s on all corners on the truck now. i am going to upgrade to icons and csmburg spindles up front, but unsure about the back. i plan to have icons cranked up about 2" so how much would i need from the back? i was gonna run blocks until i can save up for all pro leafs. thanks
From all I'v read and seen Camberg spindels will give a 4 inch lift. And guy's are seting the coil overs at 0'' and it rides great. I plan on geting spindels soon Saving my $$$$$ for them. At that point in time i will set my 5100's @ 0'' and i plain on running a 2'' AAL in the back should sit preety nice and I'm sure it will have what is called the bro lean....
Old 08-25-2009, 11:11 PM   #4
O.G.
JAK3 is a jewel in the roughJAK3 is a jewel in the roughJAK3 is a jewel in the rough

Name: JAKE
JAK3's Tacoma Gallery
:worth less:: worthless:
Old 08-26-2009, 01:31 AM   #7
happyb has a spectacular aura abouthappyb has a spectacular aura about
Name: Brandon
happyb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BlkT View Post
4 Inch Spindles 1 inch from the coilovers...........about 2 inches of lift from the AAL. Here's a pic:

what aal did you go with and does it sit level?
Old 08-26-2009, 08:43 AM   #8
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
I got the aal from Downey Offroad, but unfortunately they aren't in business anymore. They gave me the AAL for free when I bought the front suspension so I didn't ask too many questions about it.

At first it lifted me a little over 2'' inches but over the last 2 years it's settled in to around 1.75-2''. I think if you got the spindles and set the bilsteins at about the lowest setting possible combined with an AAL you would be pretty level. Or if you have the money you could get a nice new set of leafs like Dakar or a custom Deaver pack. My brother has the same setup but his AAL sagged real bad so he found a used Deaver 12 pack and it matched the front real nice.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #9
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BlkT View Post
4 Inch Spindles 1 inch from the coilovers...........about 2 inches of lift from the AAL. Here's a pic:

when i saw your truck i...jizzed...in...my pants!!! maybe an exaggeration but damn that looks good
Old 08-26-2009, 09:53 AM   #10
GOT INK?????
Inked Tacoma is a jewel in the roughInked Tacoma is a jewel in the roughInked Tacoma is a jewel in the roughInked Tacoma is a jewel in the rough

Name: J$
Inked Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
So glad that you (1BLKT) chimed in I have seen pic's of you truck on here but not one as great as that one. It has defenitly help me make up my mind on what I'm going to do to my truck.....