Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

best coilover for 01 tacoma

Old 08-26-2009, 12:14 PM   #1
tacomaholic is on a distinguished road
tacomaholic's Tacoma Gallery
best coilover for 01 tacoma

im gettin ready to put a coilover in the frount of my 01 3.4l v6 trd autolocking hubs...what kind should i go with for best ride and quality???
Old 08-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Icon Dynamics or SAWs. I have some unused SAWs 2.0 if you're interested.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
they are all pretty much the same. only diff is the sprins rates can vary from brand to brand but only like a 50lb diff. the fox's and kings have a resi option if that flots your boat
Old 08-26-2009, 05:48 PM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
youre going to get a ton of different answers

the biggest thing you have to decide is what youre going to be doing with your truck

are you just lifting it for looks...or are you going to be wheeling it...
Old 08-26-2009, 10:54 PM   #6
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.hornstra View Post
Im interested, how much?!
$500 shipped.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:13 PM   #7
Peanut Butter and Jaaaaaaaammmmmmm!!
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: If I told ya, I'd have to kill you...
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
$500 shipped.
hmmm very tempting, let me get back to you on that. i'll see if i can get a loan out of my parents, seeing how im a starving college student in between jobs right now.
ill let you know ASAP
im in sacramento too so shipping shouldnt be that much.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:05 PM   #8
i will be doing so boggin and sand pit every now and then.i would like somethin that will last not sag and give me a good ride. i have a 4x4 btw
Old 08-28-2009, 10:13 AM   #9
RacerP will become famous soon enough
RacerP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Icon Dynamics or SAWs. I have some unused SAWs 2.0 if you're interested.

I sent you a PM, not wanting to hijack this thread.

Peter
Old 08-28-2009, 02:25 PM   #10
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaholic View Post
i will be doing so boggin and sand pit every now and then.i would like somethin that will last not sag and give me a good ride. i have a 4x4 btw
w/ good brand CO's (icon, SAW, king, fox) your not going to have to worry about sag. if you go w/ some OME coils or bili 5100 struts then sagging could be an issue. sounds like you gonna want some super swapper tires for your bogging adventures
Old 08-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
id look into making sure whichever ones i get can be rebuilt
Old 08-28-2009, 04:08 PM   #12
bite me

If I'm not mistaken all coilover shock systems can be rebuilt like SAWs, Kings or Icons.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:20 PM   #13

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken all coilover shock systems can be rebuilt like SAWs, Kings or Icons.
you are correct. the only non rebuildable coilovers are the toytec and first gen all pro's. because all they are is a threaded bili shock w/ a spring and collar
Old 08-28-2009, 05:29 PM   #14
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ Yes, but they have a life time warranty.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:40 AM   #15
what about fabtech or toytech???
Old 08-29-2009, 09:15 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
^^^ Yes, but they have a life time warranty.
true, but i still think it's overpriced for what it is...but thats me.

Quote:
what about fabtech or toytech???
what about them? are they rebuildable or have a life time warranty? only toytec offers the lifetime warranty on their CO's (i beleive) and only the fabtech dirt logics would be (the ones that look like SAW or Icon CO's but are the fabtech blue) and the toytec's... just scroll up a bit
Old 08-30-2009, 05:17 PM   #17
if i get the icons can i get a full 3in of lift with a good ride still?
Old 08-31-2009, 08:03 AM   #18

Quote:
if i get the icons can i get a full 3in of lift with a good ride still?
no, beacuse the coil will be so compressed that the ride will suck and be stiff and bouncy as hell.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:40 PM   #19
can i use a 1/4in spacer and set them ant 2.25?
Old 08-31-2009, 02:48 PM   #20

Quote:
can i use a 1/4in spacer and set them ant 2.25?
nope...or at least you shouldn't