Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Axle Wrap

Old 08-26-2009, 11:06 PM   #1
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
Axle Wrap

What exactly is this? Could someone please explain this to me.. does it have to do with the leafs? I've been reading a lotta information that blocks may tend to cause this. Damn't I wish the shop I went through would inform me about this. He asked AAL's or blocks in the rear and told me some of the positives and negatives of both, but nothing about axle wrap... Had I known this, I would have gone with the AALs... shouldve done more research before hand.. damnt. Any help would be appreciated
Old 08-26-2009, 11:20 PM   #2
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
when the leafs get flat (from aging, and blocks tend to make them flatter faster) they let the axle rotate back and forth, letting the axle wrap itself in the springs, causing the back tires to hop. it's very annoying and rough on the truck, i don't know if the AAL would solve it, someone else will have to chime in here.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:08 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Search google and you'll find all sorts of info about it.

If you already got blocks, don't worry about it. Just drive. When you start driving the vehicle, you may get wheel hop. When you come to a stop, you may get a thumping feel. If it starts to annoy you - then do some more google research on how you can prevent it.

If you go offroad (since you have blocks), be careful not to get on the gas too much. I've seen a couple sets of blocks break and fly out while wheeling & using too much gas in certain situations.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:49 AM   #4
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
I actually asked the same question a little bit ago http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...esistance.html