LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Toytec Ultimate lift kit

Old 08-28-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
Work In Progress
nolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weapons Director
nolanspawn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to nolanspawn
Toytec Ultimate lift kit

So this is the setup I am leaning towards. Anyone want to talk me out of it and give a good explanation as to why I shouldnt go with it?

`Shady
Old 08-28-2009, 03:05 PM   #2
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

assuming this is the set up your talking about. it's decent. i know alot of people around here run toytec CO's and like them alot but their are better options out there IMO but if this fits your budget...do it. i know they have great customer service so you'll get exactly what you want from them
Old 08-28-2009, 04:00 PM   #3
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
get the icon kit, cost a few dollars more but its alot better kit
Old 08-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #4
09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: security forces
09tacoLI's Tacoma Gallery
I have the toytec coilovers and love them they ride great on the road and I had no problems with them off road. I drive fast on the road take turns quick and there soild.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:39 PM   #5
The G stands for smooth
Gsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GG
Gsquare's Tacoma Gallery
Lovin' my ToyTec ULK. Great folks, great products, great lift and ride.

<Vanity plug> Plus, those red CO's really stand out.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:54 PM   #6
Work In Progress
nolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

assuming this is the set up your talking about. it's decent. i know alot of people around here run toytec CO's and like them alot but their are better options out there IMO but if this fits your budget...do it. i know they have great customer service so you'll get exactly what you want from them
Thats the one. My budget for suspension is anywhere from $1000-$1500. I am all for doing it right the first time on something that is time proven and tested. If you have other suggestions I am all for looking into them. Most the time I will go with the best bang for the buck, but with my truck this time around I will spend whats necessary within reason.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:09 AM   #7
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
get the icon kit, cost a few dollars more but its alot better kit
im gonna agree w/ this guy. Icon is just on top of the game. cost his a bit more than the competitors but their products just dominate.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:12 AM   #8

http://www.outlawoffroadstore.com/22....0_V6_GAS.html

check out the Icon kits. this is the cheapest your gonna find them and beleive me at those prices it's a steal. look at the stage 2 set up and compare w/ the toytec your looking at. for some more dough you can get new UCA's and add some resi's to your front CO's

if you just want to piece your own kit together that works too. that website has Icon CO's for less than $900!!! it's amazing.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:17 PM   #9
Work In Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
http://www.outlawoffroadstore.com/22....0_V6_GAS.html

check out the Icon kits. this is the cheapest your gonna find them and beleive me at those prices it's a steal. look at the stage 2 set up and compare w/ the toytec your looking at. for some more dough you can get new UCA's and add some resi's to your front CO's

if you just want to piece your own kit together that works too. that website has Icon CO's for less than $900!!! it's amazing.
So you are saying the Stage 2 kit would be comparable as far as whats included to the Toytec ULK? Those UCA's are damn expensive so I guess Ill go with one of the better priced ones.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanspawn View Post
So you are saying the Stage 2 kit would be comparable as far as whats included to the Toytec ULK? Those UCA's are damn expensive so I guess Ill go with one of the better priced ones.
IMO it's a much, much better kit than toytec. better CO's, resi rear shocks and an add pack not a single leaf for the rear springs. yeah the icon UCAs are very expensive because of their heim joints and they are a solid billet piece not tubing like TC and camburg. the TC and camburg UCAs will work just fine w/ the stage 2 kit and you can save $300-400 or use that $ to upgrade your front CO's to resi. if you do get aftermarket UCAs get the extended travel front CO's.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:22 PM   #11
Work In Progress

How would you rate the ride quality of the icons. 95% of my driving will be street/highway and 5% offroad at my ranch. I am not new to stiffer suspensions. I drove a autocross built car as a daily driver so I know and can deal with a harsher ride. Are the extended travel a necessity even with upgraded UCA's?
Old 08-31-2009, 05:37 PM   #12
The G stands for smooth
Gsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gsquare's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ For that percentage of OR driving, you'll be very happy with the ToyTec kit. You'd be happy even if your OR percentage were a LOT higher.

I'd say my OR percentage is about 20% higher than yours, but I'm only doing trails and sand.

The overall ride will be a little stiffer than stock (feels like a truck - Yay!) but the handling will be the same, if not improved.

All comes down to personal preference. You'll be just fine with either of the kits. Jump off!
Old 08-31-2009, 08:53 PM   #13
09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: security forces
09tacoLI's Tacoma Gallery
The ICON kit is awesome and if I was out all the time I would have gotten that setup but this is my DD and I cant get out like I want to so for now the toytec is great. I wouldnt spend that kind of money If your not gonna be wheeling you truck alot.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:49 AM   #14
Work In Progress

So the price difference comes down to about $250. For pretty much the same amount of stuff included? Would I be crazy not to just go with the ICONs?
Old 09-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #15
The G stands for smooth

Gsquare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanspawn View Post
So the price difference comes down to about $250. For pretty much the same amount of stuff included? Would I be crazy not to just go with the ICONs?

Totally your call at this point, brah. Is there something else you'd like to do with that $250? Tint? Vinyls? Steps?
Old 09-01-2009, 01:17 PM   #16

^ yeah, just gotta decide if you want to use the other $250 for something else or go balls out w/ the suspension. you would notice a diff between the toytec and icon even if your on the road most the time. the toytec CO is a good coilover but icon is better and for an extra $250 you get a better front CO, better rear shocks and better AAL (if you go w/ the stage 2 set up). your call buddy
Old 09-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #17
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsquare View Post
Lovin' my ToyTec ULK. Great folks, great products, great lift and ride.

<Vanity plug> Plus, those red CO's really stand out.
I'm looking in to the Toytec ULK also, would you mind me asking how much total did you spend?? & Did you install or did you get someone??
Total for every thing, what I'm I looking at??
Old 09-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #18
The G stands for smooth

Gsquare's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ PM sent - in case you don't make it back to this thread.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #19
Work In Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsquare View Post
^^^ PM sent - in case you don't make it back to this thread.
Im curious also on how much installation was.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #20
Work In Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
you can do it in the garage if you have a few basic hand tools and jack stands

Edit: I had mine done at a shop the first time, $150 for coilovers, AAL and rear shocks
I am trying to get it installed before I get home from my deployment (nice present as soon as I get home). If I wasnt impatient I would do it myself after I get back.